“Budget airline”
Review of Hawaiian Airlines

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Tried to upgrade our seats 7 times, even called twice but they weren’t able to do it, disappointed when we got on the plane and saw the seats vacant for the whole flight, I did send a complaint and got a return email telling me they would get back to me in 30 days, I replyed and told not to bother as I would be back at work by then,the food was ok (budget airline quality) entertainment was fine the staff were great the seats comfortable, the plane was clean.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

About 1 hour into our flight out of Oakland, our flight to Honolulu was diverted to LAX due to mechanical issues! So, another hour or more later we land in LAX and wait around to deplane. We had to retrieve our luggage and then stand in line for more that 3 hours to get reassigned. How Hawaiian Airlines handled communication to us on what to do was dismal. No help at all, we had to dig for information from the ground crew, as I guess we were such a "bother" to them. The ground crew was stingy with the meal vouchers, as the lady discouraged us from getting them because she said we would need to use them at one terminal and then exit and return to our boarding terminal. She was WRONG! We got reassigned to United. There was a least 50+ of us reassigned to United, but when we got to United, it was confusing as what to do with what Hawaiian Airlines provided to us as new tickets. No one at United wanted to help, but luckily, we figured it out that we had to enter the over 15 digit long e-ticket number to check in to United. BTW, I had to help other passengers do this as NO ONE at United helped, two United guys just stood around scowling at the influx of HA passengers.

3  Thank Alix_12
Reviewed 20 January 2018

Well, it was a big plane. It was in need of some serious updating! Seats were terribly uncomfortable. No cushion left and reclining mechanisms were broken on several seats. Could not be in the upright position for take off/landing if if we tried! We were a party of 8 and all of us felt we were cramped and uncomfortable. No WIFI and no movies. It turned out to be a very long 6 hr flight!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Jazzed51
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We used Hawaiian Airlines for our trip from Sydney to LA, LA to New York...New York to Oahu then Oahu to Sydney. All flights were on time, staff were friendly, plane was clean and we were offered empty seats so we could stretch out. The food was fine and inflight entertainment had enough to choose from. Will definitely fly with them again.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Great flight, great food and great service. This is the way all airlines should be run. They seem to care about the passengers. Will use them as often as I can. Wish they flew more on the east coast of the US.