“Amazing Experience”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my second travel by Etihad airways and simple enjoyed it, again. The experience is worth remembering, starting from boarding to in flight experience till reaching the destination. The credit goes to the world class crew service.

I chose emergency exit seat and it is perfect for person with long legs.

The only thing which I would recommend them is to update their entertainment library so one enjoy the travel while watching their favorite movie.

Cheers!

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank SumitTaxali
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Sumit, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and are happy to hear you enjoyed your flight with us. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Flew from Oslo to Jakarta with Etihad (EY 7476, EY 18 and EY 472) on 9-10 October 2018 with business class. When I arrived Jakarta, one of my luggage went missing. They finally found my luggage and delivered to me a week later. Tried to contact Etihad for claim. The officer replied my message by asking me to send all the documents. I sent the documents and no reply from Etihad, total silence for a week. And then I sent email again to ask about the progress, they replied to me explaining that the reimbursement is max for 3 days, and again they asked me to send the documents (which I already sent before) and this just shows that they never take a case seriously. I replied to them asking them to sent me formal written statement saying that Etihad only cover max 3 days of compensation (for business class is USD 60, so it's max USD 180). I don't understand this regulation, if they have the limit of 3 days max, then they should be able to return the luggage in max 3 days as well. Fair and square. How can they only responsible for 3 days compensation while my luggage went missing for a week. I had to cancel one week of my initial plan, I did not do things that I planned to do, I had to buy clothes and being one week holiday without all my belongings is not easy. Everyday is a guessing game whether the luggage is lost or already found, do I need to buy extra clothes for tomorrow or not. It's crazy that Etihad did not put this as a consideration. My first time flying with Etihad and this is the worst traveling experience ever. I had a similar case with Emirates and SAS Airlines before, but the level of professional from both airlines was amazing. Emirates transferred the money right away after I submitted all the documents, and with SAS it was even faster, they did not ask for many things. But Etihad, no reply, no response and nothing up til today already more than a month since my outbound flight. I already sent emails, tweet, messages from facebook, those are handling social media only answer with the statement that they already forward the case to baggage claim team (which I actually sent all the emails to baggage claim team). I really don't have any idea on how the next process. I am hoping Etihad can fix this case ASAP and I really hope the passenger to be really careful when choosing the airlines. Etihad is cheap (compare with others), but I think it's much better to spend a little bit more money to higher quality airlines rather than dealing with Etihad.

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Eryka P

Hello Eryka, thank you for your review.
When did you lodge your claim. Normally it can take up to 8 weeks until the Baggage Claims Team has fully reviewed the case.
You can contact us again via Facebook or Twitter where you contacted us before and we can follow up on this for you. *Isi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booking was easy. The space for sitting was suitable. Meals were very good and a lot of drinks available. Some Snacks and water have been presented inbetween. The only bad thing was the Check In in Sydney. It took soooo long, hours, didn't expect this.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are glad to hear this FVollmer2018. We hope to see you on board again soon :)

Haithem

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a very small frame, I found the seats claustrophobic. The leg room was o.k, it was the close proximity to my fellow passenger I found bothered me.It was also marred by the fact that the lights were out for most of the journey and only turned on for meals which is something I've never experienced before so it threw me! (by the way..it wasn't night the whole trip). The food was shameful and the gluten free wasn't much better.If your into boiled potato cubes,boiled egg,Tofu and flavorless, hard fruit then this is for you! A winner not! The cabin crew were quite attentive so any points go to them! Not what I expected especially for the price.

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Carolyn, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

first time flying with Etithad. Wanted to try the Dreamliner. Flight was okay and seat was comfortable too. Service was good but inflight entertainment very limited compared to Emirates. However food was very bad. In addition to minor portions, it looks awful. In summary meal provided was not edible. In fact this was the worst food I have been served on a plane and on both legs (Manchester - Abu Dhabi & Abu Dhabi to Kuala Lumpur). Free flight seats selection only available 24 hours before departure and very few seats available for selection despite several seats available on the plane. The airline seems to encourage passengers to purchase seats 48 hours before departure. Wifi is expensive too.
Abudhabi Airport is very disappointing especially when compared to Dubai with fewer selections of shops & eateries and significantly higher prices.
During the return journey food was edible and service was good too.
Will only travel Etihad if fares are at least £100 cheaper than other airlines

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Prem, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. We value your insights and need those to improve our service. Thank you. *Isi