“Some good, some bad.”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Overall a pleasant flight. We left Sydney and transit to Abu Dhabi for a 15-hour flight and then to Frankfurt for 6-hour flight. The first, third and fourth flight were great, particularly with the crew handing out drinks almost on the hour. The meals were surpurb. We had a choice between lamb with rice, chicken with potato and vegetarian pasta. The return flight replaced the chicken with potato with Singaporean chicken noodles and we had a cinnamon roll for breakfast. There were also sandwiches too. Unfortunately, the second flight was not up to the expected standard. There appeared to be confusion over the food allergies and meals being missed. I noticed the crew almost forgetting the landing safety check and most instructions for passengers were either not translated to English or were not clear. It was interesting to experience Halal with the Islamic call to prayer before the flight safety demonstration.

EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your third and fourth flight with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your other flights with us too. We are sorry to hear about the service of our Crew. Our Crew is trained to deliver excellent service to our guests and we apologise if it was not the case. Thank you for flying with us and we would be happy to see you on board again. *Marc

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Return business class trip on dream liner. Seats were comfortable and enabled you to be totally horizontal and sleep comfortably. Amenity pack was basic. Food choice was good but once meals were finished there wasn't much sign of any staff offering further drinks or snacks which was disappointing

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi there, we are glad t hear that you liked the comfort on board and that you enjoyed your flight with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding the service and the amenity kits as it helps us to improve the experiences of our guests. We would be happy to welcome you on board again soon. *Marc

Reviewed 15 October 2018

First time on Etihad. Choose it for our flight to India so that we could make a 3-night stopover in Abu Dhabi. It was a hideous 15-hr flight, but was made better by very attentive cabin crew. They subscribed to the "food as entertainment" policy my husband coined. We had drinks, then a meal, then drinks, water periodically, light sandwiches, then caramel corn, another meal and we were finally there. The return trip was equally nice. Both times, the attendant offered us more seats in which to get comfortable. The flights were not full at all.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi there, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the flight and the service of our Crew on board. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we would be happy to welcome you on board again soon. *Marc

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I have to say I encountered by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life on Etihad and I will never fly with them again.

On the flight over to Bangkok the staff were very rude and unhelpful - I asked would it be possible to be moved to a closer seat to my friends and was told by the hostess "I'm very busy right now, can you look yourself?"

But the worst came on the flight home (Bangkok to Abu Dhabi) when I was sick. The plane we were on had no toilets in the middle of the cabin, meaning if the carts were out you were blocked into your seat and when I asked one of the cabin crew where the bathroom was (in the service area where they usually are) she told me I could clearly see the carts were out and I couldn't access it right now.

Returning to my seat I instead tried to hand her the sick bags (which I've done before on previous flights) and she looked appalled and said I would have to empty them myself. As she was blocking me in, my friend asked could she let me out and she said "the aisle has been clear for the last five minutes, as you can see" (I unfortunately was too busy getting sick at the time to notice).

When a friend complained about her behaviour she told me I should have told her I was sick, that I didn't look like I was sick, told me she didn't know what I have (!!!) and gave out about her ears being blocked seven days a week because of passengers coughing around her... She was genuinely appalling and one of the rudest people I've come across in my life, not when you need when you're sick on a long haul flight.

Long story short, I and the five other people will never travel with them ever again, we were genuinely disgusted with their customer service and how I was treated.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Hannah, we are very sorry to hear that. Our staff is trained to deliver excellent service and we apologise if it was not the case. Please send us all details of the case along with your booking reference to feedback@etihad.ae so that our team can investigate the case and get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Flew with Etihad in July for the first time in over 10 years and what a mistake that was. For such a big organisation, their customer service is absolutely atrocious.

Upon arrival at Medina airport, 2 out of my 5 suitcases were nowhere to be seen. Speaking to the airport staff there they advised me to go to the lost luggage office and log my case with them which I did. I was told they will deliver my suitcases to my hotel once located (they advised this will be within a couple of days).

Having not heard from them for a couple of days I rang from my hotel only to be advised that my luggage has still not been found. I got in contact with the Etihad Help team on twitter who advised that my "baggage is still under tracing".

I was in contact with the lost luggage office at Medina airport constantly and kept checking the online tracker tool until I was no longer able to access my file after a few weeks. When I queried why I was no longer able to do this with the Twitter team I was told to email the baggage team with my details and my reference number who will then update me. I did this and at no point did I receive a reply

I emailed in again once I got back from my trip (4 weeks later) to the email address the Twitter team provided to which I got no response. When I queried this with the Twitter team they told me that they were told that I had received my bag. I have no idea where they got that from but I sent screenshots of the chats I had with the Medina office. I was then told that they will “consult” the Medina team and ask the central baggage team to create a case and initiate the compensation process.

2 weeks after this conversation I finally get an email from the baggage team asking for specific information. This was sent over within 24 hours. This was the last and only thing I have heard from them. Having chased them up constantly for 4 weeks I am still at the same stage as I was when I got back from my trip – this after being told at one point to “please allow few more days, and they shall contact you soon”. I have also been told that my case has been escalated with the baggage manager team but 10 weeks since my luggage was lost I am none the wiser of how and when my case will be dealt with.

To make things worse, I also filled out the complains form on the Etihad form thinking I will get something from them but it’s been over a month and I have not even heard from them so it must be an Etihad thing to ignore customers and delay everything as much as they can (especially when it comes to paying customers compensation). Furthermore, I have constantly asked for relevant contact numbers which I can contact and this has never been provided.

Being a keen traveller, I have travelled quite a lot over the last couple of years especially (mainly with Emirates), it is fair to say the customer service of Etihad is nowhere near what it should be. Having read reviews on here, I have noticed that I am not the only one who has suffered like I have and I don’t think I will be the last. I definitely will not be using them anytime soon again and I would not recommend them to anyone.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that. Can you please send us your case number in a private message so that we can look into it? Thank you. *Marc