“Very disappointing”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very disappointing experience. The airline issued me all the boarding passes after checked my visa, and then canceled my flight at the very last minute on half way of my journey. I first contacted the agent that issued me the ticket, and the agent said I needed to contact Etihad because they are the one who canceled my flight. So I contacted Etihad, it took them three months to reply to me and just simply said that I can't get my money back, and I need to contact the agent. It's not very fair that neither the airline and the agent want to take the responsibility, and left the customer have no choice but losing money. Also every time when I speak to anyone from Etihad, they seem to be very unfriendly and always have an attitude. If it's like this, they are not gonna be successful with their business. Not taking this airline again.

1  Thank Na W
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Na,

I'm sorry to hear that your flight was cancelled. If you would like us to look into this, please send an email with your booking reference and concerns to socialmedia@etihad.ae.

*Emi

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight attendants on my Etihad flight from Toronto to Abu Dhabi were extremely rude. I booked two seats, one for myself and another for my son. He had to stay on business and use his return ticket. During the flight one of the attendants attempted to give away his seat to another person. When I told her that I had paid for both seats, showed her my flight receipt with two tickets, and told her my sons name she responded very rudely and told me I didn't understand, and to be quiet, while asking another passenger to give my seat away. She didn't respect the fact that I bought the seat, had the e-ticket for it or knew exactly whose seat it was. I will never use Etihad again and I suggest that if you want to be respected and have a good flight experience that you should avoid this airline.

1  Thank 925amin

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience. Please forward your details to socialmedia@etihad.ae as we like to investigate this further. Thank you in advance. *Ela

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time flying with EY and that too in business. I frequently travel this segment. Have been flying Delta/KLM and Turkish. The cabin was fine. Choice of movies/TV programs average. The bad part was the crew and how they served the business class. The crew at time seemed untrained to serve in business class. Response time on average was upwards of 5 mins (as for a newspaper and had to ask 3 time before they finally came with one). Food again, average at best for business class. After food was served and the cabin was prepared for some quite time, they had no beverages and or snacks setup for the passengers. Had to find the crew every time if i needed water etc. The worst part came before landing. No breakfast etc was served. Did not even offer
beverages/coffee etc. A single meal in a 14 hr long haul flight in business is unacceptable. Should have gone with Turkish.

2  Thank Mohammed Q

Hi Mohammed,

I can certainly understand your disappointment with our Business Class service. Your feedback will be shared with our Cabin Crew Performance Managers and our Catering team.

*Emi

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first experience on Etihad and I have decided to use this airline whenever possible.
The service was excellent and I got a seat in a single row.
This is very important to me as I usually travel alone and I like the privacy of not having another passenger right next to me.
There were no food trolleys being pushed up and down the aisle disturbing the passengers and blocking the aisles.
Food was a la carte and you could order what you wanted when you wanted it.
Check in was very smooth tho the lounge which Etihad shares with Cathay Pacific at the SF airport was a disappointment.
Food was limited and cold and generally unappetising.
The staff too were by and large disinterested.

1  Thank Sheila B
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Sheila B,

thank you for letting us know about the flight. We're happy you could have the seat in a single row and you managed to relax. With regards to the lounge in San Francisco, we will pass on the feedback to our team so they can have a look into it. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon. *Sky

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over all the Airline is very good, Staff are very nice and helpful.
This is the third time I have flown with them from Australia and Europe ( Ireland)

The only disappointment this time was the food - At best it was average for the main meals on all 4 flights and the secondary meals were very poor!! A significant slippage in standards compared with previous trips. One you could put down to bad luck or personal taste but not all.
Also be careful about Co Share tickets Our agent booked us via Virgin Australia. While the initial ticket price was slightly cheaper. When we tried to amend one of the flights on the return journey they wanted to charge us $400 ea !!!! ( ticket was only $1200) So be sure of your dates and plans before you book. Also if it's a Co share ticket you CANNOT do Online check in - which is very annoying and meant we had to stand in a long Que - both ways to check in - Not impressed !!!

2  Thank wildtrev

Hi wildtrev,

Thank you for your review. We regret the food served on board did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please do let us know if you plan to travel with us in the future and if you would like us to select special meals for you. We would be happy to help. In the meanwhile, we will pass on the feedback to our team as we always aim to improve our services. *Sky