“Cabin Service Director said I’m too busy dealing with somebody else...”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Ek0031 25th March 2018.
Simple...food was good. But no one wanted to clear it away. When the stewardess who had been serving me was too busy eating cheese in the aisle chatting up one of the male passengers...the passengers waited so long to have their food cleared away they actually began getting up and taking the empty trays back to the stewardesses. One lady returned 5!!! When I got up to return my tray to the chatting stewardess she just snatched it from me. I then decided to ask for some more water as we hadn’t been offered a second drink...uh oh... the CSD was the nearest point of assistance...I’m too busy dealing with another passenger...she didn’t even ask what it was I required or could she get the lazy stewardess to stop eating cheese and getting phone numbers to help...
Flying certainly has lost its charm...when the people who you pay their salaries think they are more important than the passengers themselves....anyway back to BA next time...

1  Thank Tubby C

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Although traveling that long (14.5 hours +) is tedious at best, the flight attendants were great. The A-380 aircraft had pretty good room for economy class and the service was excellent. The entertainment system was great as well. Lots to choose from and I can't say enough about the crew. Very friendly and attentive to our needs. With that many people crammed into the tube of an airliner (As with all aircraft) they did outstanding keeping things rolling and moving. The food was not too bad and they did feed us 3 times. Overall the flight was great. Keep up the good work Emirates.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I made a wrong decision to take Emirates to Bangkok for the celebration of my 21 wedding anniversary. Their stupid system makes an old couple (my wife and me) to sit in 2 separate rows and seats are far away from each others. I am aware of it in 48 hours before the flight when I conduct online check in. Even though I request their Bangkok office staff to help me solving the problem, but nobody can give me a helping hand. They think it is my fault not to book the seats earlier, but my experience with Thai Airways and Cathey Pacific I can mark my favuorable seats in every trip while taking their flight. I will not take Emirates anymore and also remind all their potential customers to alert their such poor services and arrangements before you decide to take Emirate Airlines.

3  Thank honkik
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Emirates offers the free transport from and to the airport, which is a great service. It worked perfectly and the Limousine is much more comfortable than a normal taxi.
At the Airport, I checked in at the Business Class Counter, but it seems there is no fast Lane for Business Class for Security in Beijing. It took a while.
There is a Business Class Lounge in Beijing which is a bit better than the other Business Class Lounges, but below the standard of the one in Hamburg or even Dubai. Nevertheless, you can relax before your flight in a decent environment.

The flight from Beijing to Hamburg is operated by an A380 and Emirates seats here are one of the best you can find, may be the best. You have plenty of Space, a good privacy and if you want to sleep, the seat turns into a 180 degrees flat bed. Unfortunately, I was on a day flight, so I did not sleep much. The inflight entertainment system is also very good, the variety of films is big. I have seen better, but above average. The food offerings are also very good, definitely far above average in a long haul business class, and at the end of the plane you have the "Bar" where you can have a drink or a coffee, chat with others and stand up.
All in all, emirates on a A380 is one of the best business class offers you can have.

After arrival in Dubai, I had to pass security control again. Yes, there was a fast track, but where is the logic? I come directly from another Emirates flight, what should have changed to create a need for that??
After that, I had to go to the train, change the terminal and walk all the way through the (c) Terminal. It took more than half an hour to go through a crowded Airport with lots of construction. I never liked Dubai Airport, Qatar has created a business class Terminal to avoid this and I definitely prefer that vs the stress of moving through the airport.

the Business Class Lounge close to the Gate was good, I was not hungry, but the offer is really broad. What I dislike is that the "boarding" sign pops up before the real boarding starts and Emirates likes to squeeze all passengers in a little waiting room, not very convenient.

The flight from Dubai to Hamburg is operated by a 777 and this Business class design is definitely far below average. The seating is 2-3-2, no real privacy. The entertainment system is the same as in the A380 and it has the same selection as far as I could see. The difference is, that due to the seating, you can not avoid to see the screen of your neighbor - which is really disturbing. The worst is that the seat only adjusts to 170 degrees, which is not an up-to-date spec at all. Almost every Airline offers 180 degrees flat, why does Emirates not? After my flight and the change I was tired, but I could not sleep - and by the way, the 777 appeared to be louder than the A380, at least that was my impression. The Service was ok, I can not complain here either.
Arrival in Hamburg was in time, the driver service brought me to my destination.

All in all I had two completely different experiences, the flight on the A380 was fantastic, the one on the 777 not really a pleasure, so in total I give 3 stars, but it would be 5 for the flight into Dubai and 2 for the time in Dubai and the flight on the 777.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flight on the A380 Airbus. Plane was good - legroom okay except when passenger in front reclines their seat just as you are trying to eat your in flight meal !
Flew on Bank Holiday (Good Friday). I think an announcement should be made requiring all passengers to have seats in the upright position during the service of food and drinks.
Flight was very full so level of service dipped from the usual Emirates standard.
Ran out of some diet soft drinks
Departure delayed so on plane nearly 15 hrs