“Totally disappointment with Emirates Airline”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I made a wrong decision to take Emirates to Bangkok for the celebration of my 21 wedding anniversary. Their stupid system makes an old couple (my wife and me) to sit in 2 separate rows and seats are far away from each others. I am aware of it in 48 hours before the flight when I conduct online check in. Even though I request their Bangkok office staff to help me solving the problem, but nobody can give me a helping hand. They think it is my fault not to book the seats earlier, but my experience with Thai Airways and Cathey Pacific I can mark my favuorable seats in every trip while taking their flight. I will not take Emirates anymore and also remind all their potential customers to alert their such poor services and arrangements before you decide to take Emirate Airlines.

1  Thank honkik

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Emirates offers the free transport from and to the airport, which is a great service. It worked perfectly and the Limousine is much more comfortable than a normal taxi.
At the Airport, I checked in at the Business Class Counter, but it seems there is no fast Lane for Business Class for Security in Beijing. It took a while.
There is a Business Class Lounge in Beijing which is a bit better than the other Business Class Lounges, but below the standard of the one in Hamburg or even Dubai. Nevertheless, you can relax before your flight in a decent environment.

The flight from Beijing to Hamburg is operated by an A380 and Emirates seats here are one of the best you can find, may be the best. You have plenty of Space, a good privacy and if you want to sleep, the seat turns into a 180 degrees flat bed. Unfortunately, I was on a day flight, so I did not sleep much. The inflight entertainment system is also very good, the variety of films is big. I have seen better, but above average. The food offerings are also very good, definitely far above average in a long haul business class, and at the end of the plane you have the "Bar" where you can have a drink or a coffee, chat with others and stand up.
All in all, emirates on a A380 is one of the best business class offers you can have.

After arrival in Dubai, I had to pass security control again. Yes, there was a fast track, but where is the logic? I come directly from another Emirates flight, what should have changed to create a need for that??
After that, I had to go to the train, change the terminal and walk all the way through the (c) Terminal. It took more than half an hour to go through a crowded Airport with lots of construction. I never liked Dubai Airport, Qatar has created a business class Terminal to avoid this and I definitely prefer that vs the stress of moving through the airport.

the Business Class Lounge close to the Gate was good, I was not hungry, but the offer is really broad. What I dislike is that the "boarding" sign pops up before the real boarding starts and Emirates likes to squeeze all passengers in a little waiting room, not very convenient.

The flight from Dubai to Hamburg is operated by a 777 and this Business class design is definitely far below average. The seating is 2-3-2, no real privacy. The entertainment system is the same as in the A380 and it has the same selection as far as I could see. The difference is, that due to the seating, you can not avoid to see the screen of your neighbor - which is really disturbing. The worst is that the seat only adjusts to 170 degrees, which is not an up-to-date spec at all. Almost every Airline offers 180 degrees flat, why does Emirates not? After my flight and the change I was tired, but I could not sleep - and by the way, the 777 appeared to be louder than the A380, at least that was my impression. The Service was ok, I can not complain here either.
Arrival in Hamburg was in time, the driver service brought me to my destination.

All in all I had two completely different experiences, the flight on the A380 was fantastic, the one on the 777 not really a pleasure, so in total I give 3 stars, but it would be 5 for the flight into Dubai and 2 for the time in Dubai and the flight on the 777.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Flight on the A380 Airbus. Plane was good - legroom okay except when passenger in front reclines their seat just as you are trying to eat your in flight meal !
Flew on Bank Holiday (Good Friday). I think an announcement should be made requiring all passengers to have seats in the upright position during the service of food and drinks.
Flight was very full so level of service dipped from the usual Emirates standard.
Ran out of some diet soft drinks
Departure delayed so on plane nearly 15 hrs

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having travelled on an Airbus A380 from UK to Dubai I was expecting similar comfort and service. Disappointingly no to be - legroom was much less and the flight was full so the overall level of service was not so good.

1  Thank The Sween
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Main cabin was pretty full but staff moved us to a pair of seats in upper cabin.
Very comfortable with excellent service