“A Once Good Airline, Now An Airline To Avoid”
Review of Delta Air Lines

Reviewed 24 February 2018

In early February, I took a flight to New Mexico with a layover in Atlanta. My journey started out with the weather problem of freezing rain and icy roads to the airport. But was this an omen to what would follow? Yes, it was a signal to cancel and stay home. Since I am an intrepid, somewhat fearless traveler, I ventured out.
This is my first Delta flight in over ten years and Boy! was I in for a surprise. To start the announcement that the flight would be delayed was not given until you reached the gate. The flight that I was taking was coming from the mid-west and had not even taken off yet. Then when the flight did arrive to carry the passengers to Atlanta they changed the gate, and informed everyone waiting only after the flight was ready to continue on.
The plane was old and very worn inside. They had not entertainment system and the seats were made pre-schoolers, not adults.

Arrived late into Atlanta, and then had to navigate the crowds, which felt like Times Square on New Years Eve.

The connecting flight boarded on time and arrived in Albuquerque on time. This plane had an entertainment system, but lo and behold!! no earphones were provided to relax and watch a movie. The flight was also cross-country and only refreshment was peanuts or cookies, one alloted to each passenger. Seat space was slightly better than the first leg of the trip, but not for adult seating. Three people squeezed into an area that was originally allocated for two adult size persons.

My only thoughts were, why did I choose to fly on Delta...It was not the overpriced airfare or the lack of amenities or the excruciating torture of being like cattle, must be the fact that I was thinking that Delta was still a good airline. Travelers beware of false hopes.

1  Thank 357tonyj

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I recently travelled with Delta Airlines from the US to the UK, the inflight services were particularly bad, but what was more of a concern was the cost of two additional bags on a oneway trip, $387.00, which can only be described as extortion in the airline business. I tried to have Virgin Atlantic challenge the costs, as the flight was originally booked through their partner airline, but Virgin Airlines were completly ignorned. I then spoke with Delta Airlines direct, who only had one thing to say 'we appreciate your business and and hope you'll continue to choose Delta, our Connection Carriers and our SkyTeam partners for your future air travel needs.' this is now unlikely as it has take me 3 months to receive this response!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Delta does a very good job, flight left on time, we went thru TSA no problem we signed up for TSA PRE check which is a big help in getting thru quickly. We always pre weigh our luggage to be safe. I pack our luggage so that both of our clothing is in each of two suitcases, just in case one is lost. Sky priority helps in getting luggage off the plane.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We recently flew to Iceland from New York City, and had a fantastic trip. The Delta Lounge was our first stop, and it was very nice, with plenty of space, friendly staff and a good array of drinks and food.

Our flight was excellent, besides being on time, what really hit home was the outstanding crew that we had on both flights. I wish I could recall their names, however regardless, they were extremely friendly and professional. We had a small baby travelling with us, and they were great. When I asked where I could clean the baby bottles myself, the flight attendant took it from me, cleaned it, and brought it back clean and with fresh water.

On our flight back, the flight was not full, and they offered us other seats so that we could stretch out and our baby could have some more space.

The flight crew's interaction with all passengers was excellent. We will fly Delta again due to the service received.

If the crew can be thanked - our flights were the 2102 flight to Reykjavik on the 26 Jan, and the 910 am flight back to NYC on the 3 Feb.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

It is very difficult to get any phone support regarding questions related to reservations that has already been already made. The hold or call back time is a minimum of 2 hrs, even then it is unlikely to get anyone on line, unless it [the call] is for making a new reservation..
Pathetic customer service, once they have already taken your $$ for the ticket!