“Perfect flight!”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked that flight from Kolkata to Xining (changing plane in Kunming) via Internet. The Kolkata Airport is very confusing and the flight was NOT indicated on the boards, we learned it was not cancelled, asking at the desk. It appeared only at the last moment. So the beginning seemed quite difficult... but then we had no problems. One must get used to the somehow strange (and caotic) rules and practice of controlls, formalities and so on, but the planes, the service and punctuallity is really ok. The connection in Kunming worked perfectly. A good flight with no problems!
Attention: often it is difficult to change money at the airport and cash-machines sometimes do not work!!!

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Bert d

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First, the plane was clean, comfortable, great inflation movies/entertainment, decent food and attention friends m flight attendants. The flavor got experience was good. Would fly them again.
Now a caveat for travelers who may not obsessively check emails, paperwork, visas, etc. China Southern DOES check obsessively. If your paperwork isn’t exact you will NOT fly...which means your subsequent return plans are in flux. They’re Not being jerks. They follow the rules exactly. (Especially if you are western)
Again...clean, decent food, service, entertainment...just make sure YOU have taken care of your documents because no favors will be given.

Date of travel: November 2018
2  Thank HebbieDacker
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have travelled with China Airlines before and found the Aircraft Clean, good Economy leg room and nice meals. My husband was using a walking stick and ground crew and cabin crew were asking if he needed any assistance. I accidently took a knife in my carry-on ( A handmade, and gift for my son and had forgotten ) I was extremely embarressed when it was screened and was upset to think it would be confiscated as it would be in Australia. The Security Man spoke to the Airline and they allowed me to go back to check-in. They boxed it and sent it to checked baggage to arrive with our luggage. This was extremely kind.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank 3heather
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I admitted that it was a mishap but they could have handled it better. The flight was cancelled suddenly because one of the engines was hit by a trailer on the tarmac. They drove all of us off the plane and back to the main lobby. Only a few staff showed up to rebook 600 plus customers in the middle of the night. You can imagine all the chaos and disorder. To make a long story short, I think the staff need better emergency situation training and learn how to calm down the crowd and deescalate the situation. The American airlines usually provide vouchers to passengers to defuse the situation but such practice seems to be nonexistent for this airline. So please be aware of that when you decide to purchase tickets from this airline.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I requested vegetarian meals via customer service. On my first flight I received a tomato and lettuce sandwich which actually wasn’t that bad. The next 3 flights no special meal was given. You can’t request a special meal on the flight and you are told to book in advance which I did but still nothing. The connecting flight was delayed and instead of the staff allowing passengers with connecting flights embark first, I had to run with staff through the airport to catch my flight. The connecting flight thankfully waited for us - there were 3 of us. But it is totally embarrassing when an entire plane of people are waiting for you. Upon arrival in Hanoi, my bags were not there which was a result of the delayed connecting flight. It took me about an hour to sort that out as a report needed to be completed. Then upon leaving Da Nang, the airline boarded early (!) and I was called over the intercom much to my annoyance. So although my holiday was great my flight experience wasn’t.

Date of travel: August 2018