“Attention to detail very important”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First, the plane was clean, comfortable, great inflation movies/entertainment, decent food and attention friends m flight attendants. The flavor got experience was good. Would fly them again.
Now a caveat for travelers who may not obsessively check emails, paperwork, visas, etc. China Southern DOES check obsessively. If your paperwork isn’t exact you will NOT fly...which means your subsequent return plans are in flux. They’re Not being jerks. They follow the rules exactly. (Especially if you are western)
Again...clean, decent food, service, entertainment...just make sure YOU have taken care of your documents because no favors will be given.

2  Thank HebbieDacker

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have travelled with China Airlines before and found the Aircraft Clean, good Economy leg room and nice meals. My husband was using a walking stick and ground crew and cabin crew were asking if he needed any assistance. I accidently took a knife in my carry-on ( A handmade, and gift for my son and had forgotten ) I was extremely embarressed when it was screened and was upset to think it would be confiscated as it would be in Australia. The Security Man spoke to the Airline and they allowed me to go back to check-in. They boxed it and sent it to checked baggage to arrive with our luggage. This was extremely kind.

1  Thank 3heather
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I admitted that it was a mishap but they could have handled it better. The flight was cancelled suddenly because one of the engines was hit by a trailer on the tarmac. They drove all of us off the plane and back to the main lobby. Only a few staff showed up to rebook 600 plus customers in the middle of the night. You can imagine all the chaos and disorder. To make a long story short, I think the staff need better emergency situation training and learn how to calm down the crowd and deescalate the situation. The American airlines usually provide vouchers to passengers to defuse the situation but such practice seems to be nonexistent for this airline. So please be aware of that when you decide to purchase tickets from this airline.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I requested vegetarian meals via customer service. On my first flight I received a tomato and lettuce sandwich which actually wasn’t that bad. The next 3 flights no special meal was given. You can’t request a special meal on the flight and you are told to book in advance which I did but still nothing. The connecting flight was delayed and instead of the staff allowing passengers with connecting flights embark first, I had to run with staff through the airport to catch my flight. The connecting flight thankfully waited for us - there were 3 of us. But it is totally embarrassing when an entire plane of people are waiting for you. Upon arrival in Hanoi, my bags were not there which was a result of the delayed connecting flight. It took me about an hour to sort that out as a report needed to be completed. Then upon leaving Da Nang, the airline boarded early (!) and I was called over the intercom much to my annoyance. So although my holiday was great my flight experience wasn’t.

1  Thank lalannieknoll
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

returned for a quick trip to elderly parents. found a great deal with CZ and decided to fly bsiness as to reduce the fatigue that comes with such long haul flight in economy (ie no sleep).
found numerous contradictory reviews.
well, it was just fine.
fully flat beds, nothing angled, USB and power in seat. reasonable choice of western movies (and if you need to watch more, what stops you downloading them on your laptop or tablet?), noise cancelling headphones, comfortable bed with doona and nice pillow, foodwise: ample choice of good quality meals, western and chinese, french wines, lovely flight attendents. free wifi on board...
v comfortable lounge in Guangzhou with great choice of food and drinks, recliner and massage chairs, showers/bathrooms, resting rooms (with a proper bed!) and separate childrens area.
where prime airlines manage to charge 6,000 and upwards for a return trip, CZ managed to do the same for less than 60% of that... not a difficult choice really!

1  Thank Cameronfromoz