“Advage airline”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I traveled to Vietnam with China Southern this trip . The flight itself was great . Plenty of leg room , food was good and service was good . Enterinment was standard. However on arrival to Vietnam I came to find my luggage had been damaged and at 1am there was no one to report it to , so I had to purchase new luggage. The flight home was similar to the first flight. On entry back to Australia I contacted China Southern I was asked why I didn’t deal with this at 1 am . I am still waiting a reply. So yes the flight for me was great , not so good for my luggage.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our flight was canceled due to the typhoon with no previous communication
We arrived at the airport early in the morning and been given an apology at the check-in (in a letter )
No guarantee of departure for the next 24 hours. We asked to be transferred to another airline available but it was not possible not even a refund to go back home ($100) with the cab and expenses to come back to the airport the next day, ( other $100)
We buy new ticket with another airline and ask southern China for a full refund
No money so far ( $3000 spent for the tickets ) only $83 on my account today. What does this mean? They didn’t send any email which could explain this amount and we are still waiting for a response.

2  Thank Martina P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have flown with this airline before and they are a nice airline to fly with. The staff are lovely but the food while on China flights is rather plain but it was OK.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We travelled mostly on older aircraft to China and Malaysia and the comfort and service was average. For our flight home from Guangzhou to London we anticipated something better travelling on the new Dreamliner but, apart from the unusual dimming windows associated with this craft, it seemed like an old plane. In particular it was the seating which was of an old design and recovered, bearing old fashioned pockets and tv monitors.. Controls for the monitor and overhead light and call bell for the stewardess had been added and attached to the top of the armrest which resulted in the buttons being accidentally pressed with changes to the sound, light going on and off and the stewardess being inadvertently called. The passenger next to me accidentally called her five or six times on the 12 hour journey. The worst part was the lack of comfort - the seats seemed crammed closer than usual and there was no give in the seat under my bottom - just a very thin layer of foam - like sitting on a plank bruising my cheek bones on the long journey.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had quite an experience at the New Delhi International Airport at the time of checking in. The CZ's check in personnel called Mr. Yadav was one of the most rude, disrespectful & arrogant persons you can ever come across. He not only made us open our bags, which were a mere 200gms extra (on 23 kgs on each bag), despite having only 2 cabin bags for 4 persons, so we actually had 14 kgs buffer overall (7 kgs for each cabin bag). He said we need to pay INR 11,000 for the excess baggage. He then printed boarding cards with different seats, 3 on row 32 and 1 on row 35, despite there being one seat empty in row 32. How Bizarre !

Once we re-packed everything we decided to go to another check in counter, thankfully, the lady there was much more professional and we eventually had a smooth check in experience. She gave us the seats we had booked (for which I had paid extra for at the time of booking)... so we were all seated in row 32.

On the flight, there was a serious glitch with our inflight entertainment system as the audio connections were all criss-cross for the 4 seats. The stewardess was extremely apologetic and also re-booted our system twice with no luck. We were offered Samsung tablets to watch the shows, but there was no show in english. So basically the entire 5 hour flight was spent watching the tv screen with no audio. This was my first time ever on any flight.

Ideally, the airline should compensate us in some way..... although i don't have high hopes.

2  Thank PushExplore