“good flight but very long queues for check in/baggage drop”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 9 November 2018

The flight was on time and the leg room was very good for an economy flight. We arrived for check in about 3 1/2 hours before departure, we had already checked in on line but it took nearly an hour queuing to reach the check in desk. Once we were checked in we then had to queue about 40 minutes for security and the same again for immigration. The food on board was offered as chicken or beef. I chose the chicken but it didnt taste anything like chicken.The ice cream afterwards was very welcome

1  Thank mariondp

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Unfortunately China Eastern Airlines was the only option we had to fly from Chengdu to Male. I wasn't expecting anything great from a Chinese carrier but have to say that from the ground service to the airplane comfort, everything was bad ! I had the front row on a 737-700 and had the impression to have less space than in economy.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

They changed my seat assignment without telling me (a real problem since I have a shoulder problem and had intentionally booked a left side aisle seat so that my shoulder would not be touching someone for a ten hour flight and they chose to move me to a right side aisle seat where my shoulder was crammed up against somebody for the entire flight.

The company ALSO denied my SkyMiles credit with Delta for this flight. There's a good reason that they're cheaper than everybody else. DON'T FALL FOR IT.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

We were apprehensive about flying an airline we knew nothing about, but we were totally pleased with the experiences we had on China Eastern. Business class seating was comfy and we managed to sleep 7 hours both ways. First flight was 2-2-2 seating and was comfy. Entertainment screens were pretty far from the seat. Service was excellent and bathrooms were always spotless, Takeoffs were both on time. Second flight was 1-2-1 pod seating. That was great, only complaint there was lack of personal space to put things. Headphones provided could have been better, but overall, I would fly China Eastern anytime. Our short connecting flights out of Shanghai were only an hour and a half, and we were served a complete meal! Wow. US Airlines have a lot to learn. One complaint is that because we booked through expedia, their website was very tricky to use, it didn't recognize our reservations. Customer service by phone straightened it out.

4  Thank uostatechef
Reviewed 7 November 2018

First experience on CEA and checkin process was very good for International travel. I found accommodations in Economy class to be good. First leg of flight to Shanghai was for 15 hours. Seating comfort, air temperature, bathrooms and entertainment selections were good. Restrooms always smelled marvelous and found clean. Food was just what was expected on an airline for me. Domestic flight was also comfortable and I had no issues traveling in China.

3  Thank Colliee M