“Horrible snack!”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This was my first flight with China Eastern and I rated it average: pretty fast check in, flight was on time but I can't compare the snack we were served with anything I was served in my +50 years experience!
I added the photo to document my stating - I'm not too picky regarding food but this was completely inedible!

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The service was ok until we arrived at our destination..Our bags were on a later flight, after a 22 hour trip!! We were upset,but they did deliver our bags 24 hours later bt courier...However, one suitcase was damaged somewhere along the line..The courier service took photos and I wrote to the e-mail I was given to complain about it..We wrote twice, but never got a response..Customer service agents at bkk airport said this was quite common from Chinese transfer flights(transferred at Shanghai)..probably won't be flying with them again!!

1  Thank Barry L
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Shanghai Airlines is a subsidiary of China Eastern and it was surprisingly good. The plane appeared to be very new and the seats were very comfortable with reasonable legroom. Food was good ( no western dishes but acceptable chinese), Plenty of in flight entertainment and a USB charging port on each seat. The real kicker was free WiFi on board!
My only complaint was they ran out of beer. My wife had a french CabSav which was pretty good.
All in all, for a cheap airline it was very good and a lot better than some of the cheaper Australian or European airlines

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Our return flight from Ho Chi Minh city to Vancouver was changed at least 5 times during a 4 month period. Two days before departure the flight was cancelled. The new flight departed 16 hours earlier and went via Shanhai rather than Kunming. We arrived Saturday morning instead of Sunday morning. Our connecting flight to Winnipeg was Sunday evening at 7 pm.
Hotel and meals expenses added a considerable amount to our travel costs.

1  Thank harfang0
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

While the actual flights from Siem Reap to Shanghai and Shanghai to LA were totally fine, the customer service on the ground was horrible. Here's why:
1) I understand flights get canceled and typically I roll with it, but my flight from Siem Reap still sat on the departure board 90 minutes before take off with no check in desk open, I finally hunted someone down to see what was up. They had to call Shanghai to find out the flight was canceled (shouldn't they know this already?) Then, when I inquired about the reason for cancellation, they had no clue. Horrible communication.
2) When I got on the rebooked flight to Shanghai the next day, I asked the attendant why they didn't also issue a boarding pass for the second leg of my journey. They replied "they'll handle that in Shanghai". Hmm. Odd, but okay, if you say so...
Upon arrival at transit desk in Shanghai, the clerk informed us we had no ticket, and in a chastizing, accusatory tone barked "you should have been on yesterday's flight,why don't you have a boarding pass??" Instead of "oh, sorry, let's see what we can do to figure this out, he basically insinuated it was our fault.
After dealing with his hostile bordering-on-having-a-heart-attack nastiness for 2 HOURS, it finally got sorted. After complainING of the inconvenience and asking for a better seat, we were relocated to an exit row, which turned out NOT to be an exit row. So much for having enough time on my layover to see a bit of Shanghai. NOT A FAN

1  Thank actoryogi