“Small Planes, Big Service”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The flight from Boston to Provincetown is just over a half hour but the service of the airport counter people, the ground crew and the pilot is first rate. Yes, the airline representatives ask how much you weigh but they have to with this type of flight. Everyone with Cape Air was friendly and relaxed. The flight was on time and the views afforded on this flight were first rate. I truly enjoyed the flight and will use them again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank K2Travels
Write a reviewReviews (312)

Reviewed 29 October 2018

The crew at cape air in stl is nice to me they treat me like a boss they like me so much that i would recommend so many people

Date of travel: August 2018
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Plane was delayed 6 hours because of mechanical problems rebooked then plane was overloaded. So I had to get off plane and decided to drive instead of waisting anymore time just sitting there and because I booked flight through jet blue and not cape air I received no refund

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

I scheduled my flight back in March of 2018, flight going out was fine but I knew something was funny when my ticket didn’t tell me the take off time for my flight back home. Here I am in Chicago, stuck and the woman behind the counter tells me that the next flight is two days away to go back home! She proceeds to say that they have flights going out tomorrow but they are full.. what?! Nothing makes sense and she couldn’t tell me why My ticket isn’t showing detailed information. She then says I can find my own way back home and they will probably reimburse my expenses within a few days of sending in a copy of my receipt. I will never fly out with this company again. Uber my way home $215.00 later. Thanks again cape air!

1  Thank Ebbers86
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Cape Air is a long-established commuter airline offering service from Boston to Cape Code and the Islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket. Their planes are 9 passenger Cessnas, very basic aircraft. (An upgraded fleet is in the offing.) As Vineyard residents we have flown Cape Air to/from Boston many times over the years. By definition these are “white knuckle” flights when the weather is bumpy. The ground and flight personnel are generally friendly and helpful, but the check in and boarding process is rather “primitive” by major airline standards. For example, if connecting from a major carrier, you must reconfirm your presence at the boarding gate. Don’t assume the big airline told them that you’ve arrived. Always check in and reconfirm because Cape Air’s internal communications can be sketchy. And the small aircraft impose luggage limits that must be verified in advance. Don’t expect Lufthansa, downshift your service level expectations a bit, and enjoy a flight that puts you in closer touch with real flying. If you’re lucky, you might get to sit in the co-pilot’s seat.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
2  Thank DMWest
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.