“Gave our seats away. ”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at the airport 40min before our flight we got told by the agent that they “close” the flight an hour before and we are unable to be on it. He then proceeds to answer multiple phone calls and ignore us for ten minutes before telling us we can take the next flight out...in four hours. Walked through customs and security in less that five minutes and arrived to our gate before the passengers had even left. A pair of gentlemen walked right out from security (after we had) walked right up and were able to get in line for the plane. We were probably at the gate for a good 10-15 minutes before the other passengers even left the area. There is zero explanation as to why we were unable to be on the flight other than the very clear fact that they gave away our seats.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I really like being able to get my travels started in a small airport close to home. I love sitting right behind the pilot and getting to see what all is going on. they delivered us into Lambert just a few gates away form our next flight. We save time and save on parking at the big airport.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank 1Coolrunner
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I was booked RT on them but when I arrived in Boston a blizzard was hitting the NorthEast, the airport I was heading to was closing for the day and Logan was about to as well. So I had to make other plans to complete my trip.

Long story short, the return part of the flight went well. It was on time and arrived in Boston early. The plane was pretty small, a Cessna 402, which holds 10 people including the pilot. So small that even your carry on has to be weighed and placed carefully in the hold. As it only flies at 5000 ft or so, you get outstanding views, but not good for those with plane phobias, as you are right there with the pilot and you see it all happening. Can be roller coaster bumpy in windy conditions. Also, you lost have to climb up and crouch in over the wing, so don't fly with any injury or if you're not fit and limber.

But I enjoyed it and was very pleased to learn that I would get a full refund of the cancelled portion of my flight. The airline ratings below do not really apply for a 10 seater plane so don't weigh them.

I've flown them before and will again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank dharmathug
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

My experience with Cape Air was absolutely horrible from start to finish. They cancelled my first flight without notifying me and I only found out by approaching gate agents (as they were leaving) to inquire about my flight. Their website even showed the flight as still happening. Then, when I finally DID get a flight, I was humiliated by the rude gate agents who made me step on a scale in front of about 5 of their employees as well as other passengers and had my weight read out loud. Then, I was charged for my bag when they claim there’s no baggage fees. The plane was dilapidated and I’m not sure how it even passes safety checks. Upon arrival to my destination, I was told my bag didn’t make it on and would be hopefully arriving on their next flight, in 6 hours. I will NEVER fly cape air again and will do whatever I can to save others from experiencing their horrible service and sketchy planes. DO NOT FLY WITH THEM!

2  Thank chelseag682
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

USER BEWARE!!!! I booked a flight on Cape Air (Hahn Air) to locations that were devistated by hurricane Irma and Juan. Even w that, Cape Air did not provide a refund. I get very discouraged when companies care more about the almighty dollar than the customer!