“Impressed with Business Class”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were able to upgrade our premium economy tickets to business class for our flight to London. The flight was delayed by two hours, but since we were not on a deadline to arrive, we took the delay in stride. We have not flown business class on BA before and we were impressed with the comfort of the seat. I am not a great airplane sleeper, but thanks to the lie flat bed, I was actually able to sleep for several hours. The food was okay, but BA's weak point is its inflight entertainment system. The screen is pretty small and the selection of movies is limited. Glad I was able to sleep, as if I needed to rely on the on-board entertainment system, it would have been a very long flight.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time on BA through Gatwick Very smooth and quick check in , also quickly through security . With pleasant people at all points. My only criticism is as I am 6ft why do I have to use a isle seat so that I can move my legs . Lucky it is a short flight. On the return leg we nearly had to return to the pier because a passenger would not follow the guide lines of BA to store his guitar in there correct method 10 out of 10 to the senior crew member who dealt with the passenger very professedly which meant we did not have to return to the pier.

Today I have 2 regrets.

1. I wished I had trusted my intuition and not completed the booking on their appaling web site.
2.I had read the 100's of bad reviews before I booked. I simply trusted them for having the word British in their name - no wonder they are called BA - Bad Airways maybe?

My gripe is their website and the different traveller classes they promote - Economy and World Traveller - they are the SAME but they are listed together. I thought I had moved flight times and paid for upgrades when all I did is pay £1500 extra for better flight times - if this was clear I simply would not bother. The customer service team is rude and unsympathetic. My trip feels ruined before it has started.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always fly with BA when we travel to Venice which is usually once a year sometimes twice, using the Gatwick service. We flew out in mid September on the late morning flight in business/club class.Travelling in business class does add to the overall smooth and enjoyable experience including use of the excellent BA lounge facilities, which allows you to relax in comfortable and spacious surroundings before boarding the flight. The aircraft looked to be relatively new and was very clean. Crew were excellent - very cheerful and polite - and the flight smooth and departed and arrived right on schedule. Yes you will pay a bit more for flying BA but in my view it still outperforms its less expensive competitors in all aspects. I see no reason to fly with anyone else.

Date of travel: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew from Barcelona back to London Gatwick with BA at the weekend. We had checked in on line& only had carry on baggage with us so we went straight through to security.
All seamless. Our gate was called & we had to catch a bus out to the air craft.
We had seats in Business class.
The BA service is always very good - the air crew are generally very friendly. Drinks were served & then came meals.
It was later than breakfast but not lunch time, so unsure what to expect. As a vegetarian I always order a special meal & usually get served first.
The food they served was very poor.
Fruit. That's all. Some melon, kiwi fruit, pineapple. A separate bowl of strawberries & a little pot of blue berries with natural yogurt.
Horrible & very unimaginative.
Come on BA you can do much better than this!!