“Would Give 0 Stars if Possible”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My sister and I had a connecting flight after flying Air Lingus out of Dublin Ireland, and landing in London Heathrow.

We were suppose to board British Airways to continue back to JFK.

We were told by Air Lingus that we would have to pick up luggage and check it back in when we arrived in Heathrow. When we exited the plane, we saw a message stating to claim baggage if making a connecting flight.
We followed the instructions, waited 15 minutes, and no luggage. We ask a representative from Air Lingus, and they said it would have been there if we had to claim it.

So, we decide there must have been a mistake, and immediately rush to the terminal for British Airways. If you know Heathrow, you know there is a subway system you take for certain terminals. After waiting 15 minutes for the subway, we finally got in line to check in and go through security.

We looked at the clocked relieved, we had over and hour to spare, and the signs flashing above check in stated you had to check-in 30 minutes prior to departure time.

We get to the desk, and the lady tells us we have been removed from the flight, and that we had to be 1 hour early. At this point, I immediately look at the clock, and we have 55 minutes until the plane departs. I tell her the sign above check in says 30 minutes, but she says that doesn't apply for long haul flights--not listed on their sign. We tell her we're still early by 55 minutes, and she said there is nothing she can do, and sends us to another representative.

The next representative tells us it's not their fault, it's Air Lingus, and to go see them. We go to Air Lingus, and they say we landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule, they don't know who communicated the bag information to us, but that British Airways is responsible for removing us from the flight.

British Airways again says "too bad so sad" and won't allow us to board. All this time, and the flight STILL hadn't departed yet!!!

In the end, they do not accommodate us, and we have to sleep on the floor of the airport, and purchase BRAND NEW tickets home.
Our tickets were originally through a travel plan on groupon, with no coverage for missed flights.

The next morning at check in, Air Lingus informs us we should report British Airways for not allowing us to board, and not trying to help us make accommodations for the night. Of course, the complaint was never responded to by British Airways.

STAY AWAY FROM BRITISH AIRLINES!!!!

Never again.

Date of travel: October 2017
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
3  Thank heathershen

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Whilst I am used to pay extra for leg room or fly business class, because I am 6'6 ft, I am saddened about the fact an important airline like British Airways became so, so cheap not even a glass of water or a cup of tea is offered for free anymore. Really??

Date of travel: March 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I typically fly domestic and don't use British Airways much, which it turns out is a blessing. Not a great experience. Started off poorly trying to check in and reserve seats via their app. It simply didn't work, tried multiple times. Online was no better luck. Their system kept asking me for passport information although I'd entered it. Once at the passport information entry page on both the app and online it showed I'd already entered it. It was thus a never ending loop. I was unable to choose a seat until arriving at the airport at which point only the worst possible seats were available.

Not much empathy from the booking crew at the airport either.

The flight was not so great either. It departed late from Boston, making my connection in London incredibly tight. On board the economy seats are among the least legroom I've ever had. I am 6 feet tall and normal build.

On top of that they give you a pillow and blanket, further reducing room you have to move. Finally they had the heat at about 80 degrees F and kept it there for the entire flight.

Food was OK, service OK, but overall a pretty unpleasant experience. I also tried to get seats for the return flight to avoid the app and online problem with no luck. As a result I went through the same late - late check in process on the way home. Also overly warm cabin, pillow and blankets, no legroom etc.

I'm not claustrophobic but I'd imagine anyone with those tendencies would have a hard time. Sitting and sweating through a 7 hour cramped flight isn't a good experience for anyone.

Date of travel: March 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Flight left gate early and took off more or less on time, arriving 10mins ahead of schedule at Tampa. Staff efficient and courteous as always but Business Class cabin on our 777/200 was extremely tired and in need of an urgent refurb to bring it up to other airline standards for this premium service - seats cramped/uncomfortable and entertainment screens fuzzy and slow to fire up. Was hoping to have a nap on the long flight but some selfish travellers seemed to be having a party in the galley area directly behind my seat in row 5 - their inane banter even penetrated through the earplugs :-(

The new BA lounge at Gatwick is excellent - plenty of staff and tables quickly cleared/cleaned. Tip - if you’re going directly from Security and want to bypass the maze of duty free shops then at the escalators take the corridor directly on your left (it’s not obvious).

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I must say its a good flight and great value for money, the aircraft legroom was good though we paid for sandwich on board but it was a pleasant service great crew members and prompt service to and fro from Dublin.

Date of travel: February 2018