“Impressive ”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In all respects this airline exceeded my expectations. Value for money, cabin layout, seating and controls, ease of use, comfort etc were all consistently better than BA, Virgin and other major carriers across four flights with this carrier. This is not Qatar or Etihad or Emirates but if you are flying to South America (we were bound for Peru) route through Columbia and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The check in was a shambles with a very large queue, very few staff and several counters not open, and they were extremely slow in checking people in. There were at least 4 people supposedly managing operations, but this seemed ineffective. With flights about to leave the check in team seemed to disappear meaning check in got even slower.

1  Thank Kloggz
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a horrible experience when flying from Cuzco to Lima. First of all, it took almost an hour to get our luggage checked in at the airport. Then, they canceled the 4 pm flight before our flight (5pm) because both flights were only half booked, which made for a completely full flight at 5pm, which is the last flight of the day out of Cusco because they don't allow airlines to take off after sundown (around 7pm in the summer). They pushed our flight back to 5:30, boarded us around 5:45. As a traveler, I can deal with all of these changes and they didn't really bother me. What really got me was that shortly after I sat down (my seat was near the cargo hold), they began taking approximatly 50 bags off of the flight, including mine and my mothers. When we asked the flight attendant about why they were taking our bags off, they could not tell us a single thing. Then, a man came of board to talk to us and simply told us that they would not be able to put our bags on the flight and that they would send them tomorrow morning to lima and on the morning flight. This was a huge issue, since we were flying out of Lima that evening once we got in. We explained this to them and all we got was that someone would meet us on the other side to discuss how we would get our bags. Sure, I understand that flights go over weight, and they don't want to kick customers off the flight, but what got me was that THEY NEVER INTENDED TO TELL ME THIS UNTIL I GOT TO LIMA. And they did not intend to tell the other 50 people who's bags were being taken off either. If you are going to take my bag off, at least let me know. Then we spent another hour at the gate while they tried to figure out how to get all the bags on the flight. We barely made it out before the airport closed. I am giving them two stars because they got us to our destination and ended up getting our bags on the flight.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Katie937
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

WORST AIRLINE..... we booked a flight from Los angeles to bogota, they called us 6 hours before the flight to say that the flight had been cancelled, she said the only option was to put us on a flight from L.A. to el salvador (which departed 3 hours after we finished the phone call) and another one from el salvador to bogota. I asked for a refund since the direct flight is more expensive....she said in a this with a really bad attitude "we don't give refunds for down grading if you want I can put you on that plane or process the request for your whole refund" I had to fly so I had to rush to the airport to take the flight..... that was just the story of my nightmare HORRIBLE AIRLINE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T FLY WITH THEM.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank juliank162
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Travel is like hotel 2 stars o 5 stars.
Avianca in tourist is terrible. Trash everywhere, to far to be close as a Asian airlines ...
Al most all Asia airline the crew maintains the plain clean , Latin airline never. Of course people doesn’t helps but the crew must do their Job.
Friendless of crew at limit.
Food: if we weigh all together: food + tray+ dishes and glasses, all together will be about 100 grams !!! Like a shame !!! You traveling 10 hours and feel hungry!
Not recommended, avoid Avianca in tourist class!
The plain is ok new, I make many routs last weeks.. plain are ok.
business class I believe that the crew smiling more and maybe is cleaner

1  Thank Raunel N