“Terrible from start to finish”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 9 December 2022

American failed to have a pilot ready for our flight, delaying the flight overnight literally as we started to board. Could not service us hotel or food vouchers at the gate because of "technical difficulties" but it appeared to be more employee incompetence.

Further proof of that incompetence; their customer service counter told me I could claim diapers and wipes at the same counter I could claim a car seat, on the other side of Sky Harbor and down a level, just for me to find out that that was not true and no such supplies would be made available to me. The employees only suggestion was that I go out and get my own and request reimbursement.

I am left stranded in a city hundreds of miles from home with none of my belongings and no way to acquire basic hygiene supplies for my infant without going out into the city on my own dime at 10 o'clock at night with an exhausted toddler in tow. The absolute worst fight experience I have ever had. The first and last time I will fly American, and I will tell all who will listen to stay away as well.

Their pathetic offering of a food voucher included $12 a person and did not include my child. $48 dollars to feed a family of 5 for their own incompetence. Absolutely pathetic from start to finish. Stay away.

Reviewed 9 December 2022

We don’t normally fly on American, so it’s been years since we experienced their “service”. The gate area was no where near large enough for the passengers of our flight, so we sat in a separate area. The flight was delayed three times and they made announcements that were only audible in that specific gate area, so we could not hear. They boarded in “boarding groups” that appear to fill the plane from the front to the back, which made it more difficult to board. Boarding was a mess because American charges separate fees to check baggage, so most people carry on their suitcases. The overhead bins were completely full, passengers were clogging the aisles looking for a place to store their suitcase - it was pandemonium. This is the result of American trying to make more profit by charging per checked bag - it’s not working well. The crew was average at best - we were not greeted with any smiles or welcomes, but rather with cold instruction. I will not fly American again if I can avoid it.

Reviewed 8 December 2022

I booked a flight through american airlines and I went to cancel my flight and went to get my money back but they instead insisted intake the credit. When I went to use the credit they told me I could not use my credit of $211.80 because my ticket "expired" they never mentioned an expiration date when they told me about using the credit on the phone and then said there is nothing they can do for me and I basically just lost my money. They never sent any emails about a due date or anything expiring and refuse to refund me or allow me to use the credit to book a flight. I will never fly with them again.

Reviewed 8 December 2022

I bought a ticket with a layover between RDU and LIT in CLT. My flight from RDU landed after the flight from CLT to LIT had already left (earlier than scheduled as well). They then couldn’t get me on the next flight because they had also overbooked it, so I had to wait twelve hours for the next available flight and because of that I missed my grandfather’s funeral AND received no refund. Save yourself the trouble and never fly with American Airlines. They are terrible.

1  Thank nicholasbD5856UO
Reviewed 8 December 2022

While having to take two flights to get to Tampa from Trinidad I didn’t have that three hour layover since flight attendant Dominique Martin at gate 60 at the Miami international airport helped me get onto an earlier flight tnx much Dominique

Date of travel: October 2022