“Definitely not the best airline!!!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 5 October 2022

We tried to check in on-line the day before our flight but we were unable to as the app wouldn't upload our Covid vaccination details. Once we arrived at the airport there were no queues. We checked in with the staff & I was then informed that our party of 6 wouldn't be sat together. I asked if we could & she sat us 3 & 3. Why this couldn't have been done in the first place, I'm snot sure, surely common sense to sit us near each other! Our flight was delayed by an hour as the plane was waiting for the staff to arrive. Once we took off we were given our meal & a drink within the first 45 minutes. That was the last we saw of staff for 5 hours!!!!! 50 minutes before landing, we were given a sandwich & that was it. Not sure what the air stewards were doing within those 5 hours but it certainly wasn't serving customers. Not the best experience of flying American Airlines & I certainly wouldn't choose to fly with them again.

Reviewed 5 October 2022

Really bad service. This was a code share with British Airways which I booked on the same ticket & flew British Airways on the way out. BA allowed me to check a bag and choose a seat for my flight once I checked in without issue. AA failed to let me check my bag or choose a seat at all, although they admitted that it made no sense that my ticket had allowed me to check my bag in on the way to the USA. They were unwilling to do anything to help. I was particularly disgusted with the behaviour of Auerlie Noinville (based in Liverpool) who was not only extremely unhelpful and left me in a distressing and disgraceful situation, but proceeded to laugh at my predicament twice during our call which was very disrespectful. Her manager Ruan was completely useless. They convey being a credible airline but in fact worse than Ryanair who at least acknowledge that they are a bargain basement airline. AA are not fit to be transatlantic carriers.

On board, the service was far poorer than BA. It has tighter seating, shorter seatbelts (unsuitable if you are a bit overweight) & the entire flight was extremely cold with the stewards switching the aircon back on because they were hot despite the fact that our entire row was freezing & covered in jumpers and blankets to try and keep off the cold.

I would seriously avoid this airline going forward if I can.

Reviewed 5 October 2022

During the last leg of our trip home after traveling through several different airports on the same airline and using carry-on baggage the entire time, The gate attendant at LAX decided that my stepdaughters band was too large. When I attempted to address the matter with him and let him know that we had traveled the entire time with just carry-ons and her bag was fine. He was rude and dismissive and literally chewed me away with his hand and would not even engage in a conversation with me. When I attempted to address my concerns with the corporate office, they were just as dismissive in their boiler plate email response. There were several other passengers I had already passed and behind my daughter who had bags that were the same size or even larger. The only difference between my stepdaughter and these other passengers is that she's a young Hispanic female. Pretty much everyone else was white

Date of travel: June 2022
Reviewed 5 October 2022

This was the segment of my vacation trip back home to Vegas and it went very well again. The flight was on time, everything was very well organized, the customer service was great, and my bag showed up on time. I was previously an airline manager for 10 years, so I like to call things the way they are, and I have been critical of this airline in the past, as well. I will be traveling to Latin American countries more often for business reasons and decided to join the AA frequent flyer program again.
The reason that this flight did not get a perfect score, like the other 3 segments, was the lackluster effort by the flight attendants. They were very nice, looked professional, but if an FAA inspector would have been on board, they would have been screwed bigtime with safety violations.
When the did the safety briefing, they only had 2 attendants doing the illustrations, one in first class and one in the front. This was a large airbus full of passengers, so there showed have been at least one more to represent the back end, All of the window blinds should have been up for both the departure and arrival, along with checking to make sure everyone seat belts were on, which were not performed. The other issue is that passengers are refusing to turn off their phones, for a few minutes, during the take-off and landing. The flight crew did ask several passengers to turn off their phones and the passengers rudely refused, The flight attendants should have reported this issue to the flight crew to make another announcement to comply or we are not going to land. These passengers stare at their phones while in the boarding area, on the Jet bridge and throughout the flight itself, so it is not going to kill them to show respect to the flight crew and other passengers to turn off their phones for a few minutes. The flight attendants really needed to hold those who disrespected them accountable, instead of walking away and doing nothing. These FA ordeals do not really affect my flight experience much, but if the FAA notices these issues they are really going to hang to dry in the end,

Reviewed 5 October 2022

After so many bad experiences with American in the past they have put together 3 flawless flights together in a row. Once again, I was offered a free seat upgrade to sit in the emergency exit row, which is always nice if you are a tall and large person, plus no one was in the middle seat. All of the department's did a sensational job. My bag also arrived in DFW for customs inspection on time.