“Emergency Leave”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 October 2022

Avoid American Airlines at all cost! They did not let me fly with a passport card after the customer service lady told me I could fly with that. I was flying to see my grandmother who was on her last breath and the attendant did not let me go. I requested a refund and they told me they would not refund my money back because I purchased the cheapest ticket which was almost $800. The staff was also very rude! If I could give 0 stars I would!

1  Thank Adileni

Reviewed 4 October 2022

Our flight to Barcelona was fine, but the return flight was a nightmare. When we arrived at the airport at 6am and got in the AA line, the AA rep informed us that the flight was cancelled and we would be put up in a hotel for the night and rescheduled for the next day. We found out the reason for the cancellation was that they had an expired safety certificate for that plane and it had been grounded until the problem was fixed. This resulted in about 50 people that day and 150 people the previous day being stuck, missing work and connections to other flights. They told us to meet them at 9:30 and we would be bused to a hotel. It wasn't until 11:45 that they got us on a bus. They had a bus at 10:00 that wouldn't hold all of us. The AA rep designated which people to get on the bus, but many people who were to wait for the second bus forced their way around us and took our places. They didn't let us know until about 9pm that night what the arrangements for the next day would be. Fortunately, we were able to get to Miami and then home although very late the next night.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 3 October 2022

American Airlines canceled my flight a day before my departure date. They couldn't find another flight for me and my children to go back home not even on their partnering airline Jet blue that had flights available at a nearby airport. They left me to find another flight on my own that cost me triple the amount that I paid for American Airlines. Which put me on a $1000 debt and as compensation they only gave me $50 credit to use on a future flight.

• Customer service
Reviewed 3 October 2022

Last flight was delayed a day then half way to the destination I ended up stuck as the connection was cancelled. This time outbound flight was delayed causing me to miss connection. My fault for trying them again. Do not use American Airlines if getting to your destination is you end goal they will make up excuses of issues to cover their incompetence. Why they are still in business is a complete mystery.

Date of travel: October 2022
Reviewed 3 October 2022

They destroyed 3 of my surfboards and told me it was my fault. I had my bag packed very well and something managed to hit my bag so hard that it broke all three resulting in around $1000 worth of damage. And because my $450 board case was soft, they take no accountability. It had fragile stickers all over it.
Do NOT fly American Airlines. They do not care for your personal items