“DO NOT BOOK”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 October 2022

American Airlines canceled my flight a day before my departure date. They couldn't find another flight for me and my children to go back home not even on their partnering airline Jet blue that had flights available at a nearby airport. They left me to find another flight on my own that cost me triple the amount that I paid for American Airlines. Which put me on a $1000 debt and as compensation they only gave me $50 credit to use on a future flight.

Date of travel: September 2022
    • Customer service

Reviewed 3 October 2022

Last flight was delayed a day then half way to the destination I ended up stuck as the connection was cancelled. This time outbound flight was delayed causing me to miss connection. My fault for trying them again. Do not use American Airlines if getting to your destination is you end goal they will make up excuses of issues to cover their incompetence. Why they are still in business is a complete mystery.

Reviewed 3 October 2022

They destroyed 3 of my surfboards and told me it was my fault. I had my bag packed very well and something managed to hit my bag so hard that it broke all three resulting in around $1000 worth of damage. And because my $450 board case was soft, they take no accountability. It had fragile stickers all over it.
Do NOT fly American Airlines. They do not care for your personal items

Reviewed 3 October 2022

It was terrible experience!!! Delayed flight and 0 cooperation! Flight was delayed, didn't make it to connection flight. American airlines refused to pay for the hotel because couldn't figure out the reason for the delay! Offered me flight for the next day!

Reviewed 2 October 2022

We flew from NY to London on American prior to boarding a cruise. It was a good experience. We parked at Terminal 8 at JFK airport. They are doing construction inside the terminal, so they moved the check in counters around. We finally found the one we needed. Security was quick thanks to TSA Precheck. The Flagship Lounge was excellent. We had good exit row seats. The flight boarded, departed and arrived on time. The inflight service was good but the meal served was pretty bad. Overall, it was a good experience

Date of travel: August 2022