“Flight and the rest was ok, but with the 4 of us (as a family) we could not sit together”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 August 2022

We booked (via an agency) 4 months ago the flight and we were spread over the plain with seating. During online checking we only could choose paid chairs and "according to the online-check procedure” there were only paid chairs available if we could sit together. But when we were sitting in the plain at least 30 chairs where empty. The kind of tricks could be expected from a budget airline but not for a premium airline. Next time we will book United Airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (75,401)

Reviewed 17 August 2022

Straight out they suck easy as that Do not ever fly this sorry ass airlines wast of your time crappy service and they don't have any idea what they are doing.

Reviewed 17 August 2022

I could say a lot about my experience on American Airlines, but much of the experience is likely common to mediocre air travel. What was unique about this experience was the active antagonization of customers by staff. I have several examples, but the core one that sticks out to me is at Charlotte airport one of the staff literally blamed a traveler for being in the last boarding group and being required to check their bags. They simply told them "It's your fault for waiting so long to get on the plane."

Reviewed 16 August 2022

- [ ] bought a round trip ticket on my AA app from IAD airport to Casablanca , Morocco to flight in July 3rd , I got the ticket in March around 2 months later I received a missed call from AA I called back to verify if everything was ok with my flight and stayed on the phone for more than 18 minutes (there is proof on my phone bill) the customer service representative assured me that she didn’t know why they called me because everything was ok with my round trip flight .. she even told me the departures times from the cities.. fast forward to Monday July 11th I’m ready to return home from Casablanca and at the airport the counter lady tells me that my flight doesn’t exist and that next flight to DC it’s on Wednesday 13th and that’s the only day I can go back home .. I told her that’s not possible look at my ticket confirmation I even spoke to a representative to check on the status and said it was fine .. I was able to talk to someone online and get to JFK, NYC. that same afternoon when I got to NY at 6 pm they told me they could only put me in the 8 am flight for next day & asked them if they could put me in a hotel nearby or the lounge area for causing me all these trouble, how am I supposed to stay inside the airport for more than 12 hours with nowhere to lay down?, so I have to sit on a chair for 12 hours ? And the counter guy look at me in the eyes and said YES we are not going to do anything about it , make a complaint or call if you want but we cannot help you ! .. the whole experience was draining & I was very tired and had to stay at the airport for all those 12 hours until I caught my flight to dc .. I had to miss an important meeting at work because I was still in NY. When I arrived home tired and drained from the whole experience I asked for a refund or at least whatever the value of the return flight and they said that since I didn’t cancel the flight to NY & decided to take it I didn’t qualify for a refund , how can I cancel the only medium of transportation to get home ?!!! I was stranded in a big city I’m not familiar with .. like do you want to go out outside and catch a taxi to take me to DC ?! & spend even more money than the 850$ I had already spent on my ticket !? Insane, unfair and I have an AA credit card but I’m gonna cancel it it’s this the way you treat your loyal preferred customers ?? DISAPPOINTED &. FRUSTRATED this trip was supposed to be fun and it ended up being a nightmare !!

Date of travel: July 2022
Reviewed 16 August 2022

By far the worst experience I’ve ever had on a plane…absolutely clear skies on a sunny day with no real reason or explanation to as far as why we are two hours behind departure … whenever they did make an announcement it was just to apologize about the delays …2 hours just to depart is ludicrous.