“DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 8 August 2022

I went threw a very traumatic experience with American Airline today! If you want to ensure you get to your destination DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM. All they do is re-book you and cancel your flight for days! When you show up something is wrong and you can't get on your flight and they try to re-book you! 4 DAYS OUT OF 10 DAYS OFMY VACATION GONE! I hate this airline and it's worst than SPIRIT. Just save yourself the emotional distress and book at your own risk! Never Again! Also, they put my bags on the plane bc it was a connecting flight and they said they can't get it off! My flight was to costa rica. I'm so traumatized and just book with another airline. I hate this airline!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (75,401)

Reviewed 8 August 2022

I'm Kendall Clayborne, and I was supposed to board flight AA 987 on 08/01/2022 from Santo Domingo to Miami. As a result of a medical emergency, I was not able to catch my flight. I called to see if I could receive a credit, but the representative told me that I could not receive a credit because I did not notify them in advance (I was in the hospital). I could understand a small credit, but no credit whatsoever, even with proper documentation is unresonable. I would think they would at least be able to give a customer the employee discount amount for a documented medical emergency. They delay my flights (Don't show up when they're supposed to and it's ok), but if I don't show up when I'm supposed to because there is a medical emergency, there is a pice to pay! So, I ended up buying a last minute ridiculously priced flight back without any discount from American Airlines. But they won't be getting my money again!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 8 August 2022

My husband and I had a flight scheduled a flight back to the United States on Saturday, august 6. We received a notification 11 hours before the flight that everything had been cancelled. The soonest flight home would be Monday, august 8 (today). We rescheduled as there were no other options, but this added two extra days in a foreign country that we had not planned. It also caused my husband to miss a day of work. I contacted American Airlines through the app chat to request vouchers for extra nights. Through the app, they told us to go to the airport and we would receive the vouchers. We were 30 minutes from the airport and didn’t want to lug all our luggage for an extra trip, so I called customer service. They also told us to go to the airport and assured us that we would receive vouchers for a place to stay as well as meals. We arrived at the airport at approximately 6 pm, and there were no workers from American Airlines. We waited for approximately 30 minutes before knocking on the airline office. Nobody came. I called customer service again and they understood the situation, but said there was nothing they could do for us. They said employees would arrive the following day at noon (18 hours later). We stayed until approximately 8 pm in hope for someone to come. We were at the airport stranded in a foreign country with no place to go. American Airlines knew about our situation and did nothing. We arrived at the airport again (august 8) after a very rough two days trying to patch the trip together. We were relieved to finally see representatives, but they did not provide any relief of food or a place to stay. They told us we needed to talk to them face to face the same day of our cancelled flight in order to receive vouchers. This is the second time something like this has happened to us, and we will not be giving them another chance. I hope this review is able to help others avoid being stranded and abandoned like us.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

Wish I could have given negative stars. Their ticket agent gave us boarding passes, assuring us we could make our connection, even after multiple reassuring asks from us, "are you sure? ". Shortly there after, we ger an alert on the app saying our flight was re-booked the for next day, 26 hours later because the computer showed we were unable to make our connection. Turns out, the connecting flight was delayed the same amount of time as our initial flight.

Absolutely no idea why we got bumped, even work boarding passes and assurance from the desk agent that we would be all good.

Now, we're trying to check in to the flight for tomorrow but we're unable to because we have two small children and all that is left is exit row seats. Have been sitting on hold for 2 hours trying to rectify the problem but everyone we talk to seems to have no idea what to do.

I'm incredibly frustrated with an airline that uses "American" in their name and has this type of service. This organization uses its desk agents and customer service members to handle the results of their terrible systems. Figure it the f٪&k out.

I'll never fly this airline again, Southwest has it figured out.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

I book flights for my company who have a small 3 office presence. However, I book flights monthly for multiple people. I refuse and have told my CEO I'd rather be Fired if I am ever told to book through American Airlines again...I actually take snaps of headlines of the disaster AA is these days on a weekly basis and email them to the CEO to back my resistance. I spent 5 hours on hold to change a ticket where we had an agent flying out of St Louis and one out of Kansas City. They changed one of the tickets and only sent an email last minute. This did not work for us. So I got to waste more than half my day to try to make a change. I will admit the agent was great I have no complaints. Pay more money get the change was basically the result...even though AA changed one of the flights I had intentionally scheduled together for a reason...ok whatever, but then to take a direct flight and have to rebook a layover? Whatever, my complaint is the return flights...one sat on the tarmac for 4 hours trying to fix a door??? The other sat on the tarmac for 3 to be told due to weather they would not be flying out... completely understandable, however, yet again bravo AA..you can't offer a return flight for 2 business days???? Are you flipping kidding me???? Our agent ended up having to drive 12 hours when has prices are at $4+ a gallon! Plus an additional night at a hotel on the fly for 400+ PLUS food and what not. To get someone to address this I had to sit on hold for another few hours as when I hit the call me back feature I have either not received a callback or heavens forbid I go to the restroom and miss the call I just put their awful music on speaker and all of the office has to endure. After this, along with the articles I will never book an employee through a horrible awful rotten experience again! I have not even heard back about the other expenses we were offered a refund on the return flight, not the 3 hours on the tarmac or expense of booking the closest hotel at 2am, or my time, drive time or gas. AA good luck bankrupting yourself! You are doing a SMASHING job already! Keep losing kids, lying to people, losing baggage, and ultimately being the worst in your industry! Learned my lesson won't be doing it twice!