“Average flight but got added EXTRAS not expected”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 9 July 2019

I was charged extra for a seat. I was given one price but if I wanted to confirm a seat selection I had to pay even more then the original ticket. Very disappointed to say the least

1  Thank lisaF2650VF
Write a reviewReviews (75,400)

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

First time flying American airlines and it was a great flight. Cuba from Miami is about 45 minutes, they were sure to make us very comfortable and offered complimentary drinks and light snacks. Before I could doze off we were landing. Nice airline I'd definitely fly with them again

1  Thank Atlanta B
Reviewed 9 July 2019

The travel was quite on time. However the aircraft had too small space to enter or move out of the seats.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank Luis Fernando G
Reviewed 9 July 2019

Flying First Class with American (domestically) continues to be nothing special, and disappointing. When there is better service and more amenities travelling with SouthWest than there are flying First Class with American... you have to wonder...
I only flew FC because we had a voucher from a previous American Airline flight debacle. It is ridiculous there are no power outlets. Overly salted mixed nuts and a cookie were the only "snack" options. My seat was not clean, the window was completely covered in facial oils/makeup - gross! For my return flight back to Denver - even if every other person is sleeping, those of who are awake would like service still, please. It is not like it was an overnight flight - we landed at 10:30 pm. Boarding times continue to be subjective - making all passengers wait for a seemingly unprepared crew. Whether they just aren't ready, or did not plan to accommodate special passenger boarding. If I have been aware of this flight for weeks/months... wouldn't make sense it is a surprise to the crew. Whether it is just being consistently unprepared or without urgency (or both) domestic travel on American Airlines domestically continues to be a complete chore. Priority baggage delivery is hit or miss. If you need to travel AA, I would not pay for FC/BC.

1  Thank kcooper82
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

I usually fly coach and I prefer the smaller airlines because they treat you better. This time I paid a small amount to upgrade to First Class and it was well worth it. The service in both directions was impeccable. The seats were comfortable, the staff was attentive, even the food was good. It is a shame that coach has become like traveling in a sardine can, but if you can afford the upgrade, American is doing First Class right.