“One of the best domestic bus class”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

AA has three cabin flights from SFO to JFK. The business class seats are lue flat and really comfortable. The screen size is probably 21” or close to that so it is very easy to watch your movies or shows. The staff is very accommodating. If you can afford it, this is the way to fly cross country.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the first time we have flown American Airlines in many years. This was because the airline we usually fly does not fly to Curacao. We usually fly to Aruba and then to Curacao on a local airlines. We were not going to Aruba - was there in November and were in Florida so we needed an airline that flew direct to Curacao. The flight was on time, took under 3 hours, but was pricey due to luggage fees, seat selection, both ways. I will fly American again because we love going to Curacao. We will look at other ways to save when we fly American again such as carry on luggage - not checked luggage, Do not select seats before hand.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have recently moved from Philadelphia to Tampa. As a result, I fly home to Tampa for family gatherings regularly. I have also recently rescued a senior Yorkie who was in an accident years ago and is mostly lame in her back legs. When I travel I often bring her with me because most kennels are reluctant to attend to her because of her special needs.

One of the reasons I decided to accept a position in Tampa was that I utilize American regularly and they advertised frequent non-stops between Tampa and Philadelphia. In truth, I have found that I have few chances at flying non-stop for my short weekend hops leaving after work on Friday and returning Sunday evening. It's further complicated that when I travel with my pup, I have to race across Charlotte's airport trying to make it for a scheduled connection. The airport is strict about using one doggie relief area that is smelly and highly trafficked and which my little pup is reluctant to use. If there is a wait or change of gates, she is clearly uncomfortable by the time we pull into Philadelphia many hours later.

I'd encourage giving yourself plenty of time when getting to the airport. My most recent trip was at Christmas. I generally travel lightly but this trip I had to both check a suitcase filled with gifts for my family and check in the dog. American does not allow any kind of automated check-in when you travel with a pet. I stood in line for more than 30 minutes where I was told to go to another desk. I stood in that line for more than 30 minutes when upon arrival at the desk I was told that I had missed the 45 minute pre-flight time to check my bag. They then put me on another flight, taking away my upgraded seats. The attendant put me in the exit row which I told him I was not permitted to sit in because I had a dog. He had forgotten then and another 45 minutes passed while he re-routed me and reseated me again. This time I was moved from upgraded seat to the seat beside the toilet. A supervisor told the ticket agent that it was very unfortunate he had chosen that arrangement for me as I was a premier member entitled to better seating and service. However, so much time had now elapsed that my only choice to fly that day was to take the seat. Charlotte's connection was also late. Many hours and several planes later I made it to Philadelphia to find my bags were lost. It was an exasperating experience!

Moral of the story--leave very early for the airport. 2 hours was insufficient. Travel direct whenever possible. Avoid having checked bags. And try to find some kind person to watch your pup at home when you travel. Use American to just get yourself where you need to go. And pack plenty of patience in your carry on!

Date of travel: December 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Friendly staff, but too-short layover times at Dallas Fort-Worth aren’t sufficient to handle even a slight delay. While staff are friendly, their computer systems block them from doing some types of rebookings without SABRE overrides that cause even more problems. (We bought flights direct from AA.)

This happened to us and also to friends... specifically Dallas DFW.

1  Thank C8H8O3
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Boarding, accommodation, and deboarding all went well. It was a newer plane and had the larger overhead storage where bags can go in like a book and not flat. It allows more bags to fit overhead. That is if the passengers would only listen. Many are still putting in their bags lengthwise or flat, leaving it up to other passengers or the flight attendants to rearrange for optimal use of the space. Also, if you can't lift your bag and put it in the overhead, CHECK IT! Don't look forlorn and expect others to take care of your bag for you.