“Cleveland Ohio to Jacksonville North Carolina”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 December 2018

American and Delta are the only airlines who will fly to Jacksonville North Carolina. As I am extremely worried about missing my flight by taking Delta and flying to Atlanta (the world's busiest airport) I always fly American into Charlotte and then from Charlotte to Jacksonville. I have never had a bad flight with this airline. Their service is top notch and the flight attendants and captains are amazing. I highly recommend American Airlines.

Date of travel: July 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot with my company and I now cringe when I get stuck on an American Air flight. I has an issue last week where my flight was oversold and I literally got moved to the next day! They told me it was because of the snow storm closed the Charlotte airport which I understood. Due to my schedule I called Delta and was able to book a flight to New Bern. I get to my gate and the gate across from me was the original flight to Charlotte on American Air that I was scheduled on!!! It wasn’t canceled, nor was Charlotte shut down. They were making announcements that the flight was oversold and offering $720 to bump. They just bald faced lied to me.

I reached out on Twitter to their customer service department and asked for someone to call me. They informed me that they would not be calling that I was basically out of luck. Unless my company makes me I will never fly American again.

Reviewed 16 December 2018

Had issues with this airline in the past and it seems nothing changes. I decided to give AA another shot back in August when I took my daughter to NYC from Ohio. The return trip was filled with delays followed by cancelations. I get it, there is nothing anyone can do when it comes to predicted weather. However, the way they treated customers in LaGuardia was absolutely terrible. I would say over 100+ customers (including myself) were standing in line trying to figure out our options when the AA rep just pointed to the next person in line and said that he would be the last one she was going to assist than just shut down the line and left. Everyone in line was jaw-dropped in disbelief.

Sometime later another line opened and everyone that was waiting lost their place and had to wait in that new line. I stood in three separate lines for over an hour and a half to get assistance. They finally put me on a late night flight to DC then said that I would need to be back at the airport for an early a.m. flight back to Columbus. Okay, fine. I purchased a hotel in DC for the night and acquired transportation to and from the airport. I arrive in DC at 11:30 pm and try to get our bags so my daughter can get her contact case and some clothes. Again, waited in a line forever for a rep (who could not careless) say that our bags were going to be placed on the Columbus flight and if I wanted them now I would need to put in a request that could take two hours.

Forget it. At this point, I was more than irritated with the way AA treated their customers and just wanted to get the hotel and get a least a few hours of rest. The next morning was more of the same. I said to myself that I would never fly AA again.

Of course, after having several weeks to cool off, plus still having a significant amount of unused AA points I wrote off the last experience as a fluke. I scheduled a flight to the Dominican Republic for a birthday getaway. I was a little nervous, given the last experience. From the time of arriving at the airport, it was more of the same. Baggage fees for AA Advantage Card members??? I thought that the first checked bag was a perk of the card? Wrong. Not for flights to the Caribbean.

Poor attitude of a flight attendant on the way there and probably would have been the same on the way back had the flight not - you guessed it - been canceled on the return date. The cancelation was due to weather in a layover city, not the destination. Played the same game and the soonest flight back was three days later. Finally said, forget it. I canceled the flight altogether, booked a one-way return flight on United. I came home and cashed all my flight points in for gift cards and cut up the credit card. Never again!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank gregcolarich
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

Delta cancelled our flight. So they put is on American. Plane was old but great flight attendants and pilots. So no complaints

Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

Just as I was leaving dinner was the first delay. Arrived at the airport and already had the second. 4 more before we boarded and then sat at the end of the runway for 20 minutes. Service was minimal but its it's a very short flight. Not a big fan of this airline but the staff is very good