“Great Service - apart from some air Hostesses need Happy, polite lessons😢”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Flew from Key West Airport to Barbados via Miami Airport.
Arrived at 5.00am at Key West & all the staff were very helpful & friendly, so impressed that the gift shop in departure lounge was already open then the cafe opend at 6.00am so we were over the moon to get breakfast as we had been up since 3.30am & had a long day in front of us.

Impressed with American Airways, the staff was very happy & pleasant when booking us in & to our relief our luggage was booked in direct to Barbados so we didn’t have to collect it at Miami but was upset that we had our hand luggage taken off us at the gate as they said there was no more room left in the overhead lockers, to find out after boarding that there was still room left

To add insult to injury, my husband realised that they had not given him his boarding pass back from it being checked at the gate in the terminal, that included all our luggage receipts so asked one of the two unfriendliest ever air Hostess if she could ask them to bring it onto the plane before everyone had finished boarding with a rude reply “NO go to the desk in the next airport & ask for another one to be printed”!!

Luckily a lady from Key West ground crew boarded the plane to check everything, we explained to her the problem & could she kindly raidio down to ask them at the desk to bring it on board for us, which she did with no effort at all -Phew we were so greatful.

Was impressed with American Airways, built into the seat in front of you was a holder for your I Phone & a socket to charge your phone
Great smooth flights At least the Air Hostesses were more pleasent than on the first leg.

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Well, American Airlines is officially the worst airline I’ve been on!!!! Last Saturday, I got up at 5 am to go to the airport to fly to Anaheim for the ASHP meeting. I was two minutes late to check my bag (I have a 6 month old), so they told me I could not get on the plane. The only solution they could offer was a flight that would get me there at 9 pm that would cost me $1300. After hearing this, I was pretty upset because I was to give a speech that evening for an award our pharmacy residency program won. Again, after explaining this and begging to be allowed to get on the plane despite being two minutes past the deadline they told me they could not do it. Come to find out, that flight was delayed on the runway by 30 min. So, I sat in the airport on my phone trying to book another flight with a different airline to get me there to make my speech. I finally found a one way ticket for $330, so I booked it. I barely made it to Anaheim in time. I did make it after all though with 30 min to get me to the award ceremony. I thought all was well, then as I was getting ready to fly back to Memphis, I noted that my flight said canceled when I checked in. So, I immediately called American Airlines in the uber on the way to the airport. They proceeded to tell me that they canceled my flight because I didn’t get on the first leg of the flight and this changed me from a round trip ticket to a one way ticket for which I would have to pay $600. I was beyond angry since no one told me I needed to call and speak to reservations after I missed the first flight. Second, i couldn’t believe they were asking me for more money when I had already paid for the first flight. All I wanted to do was get back home to my baby and this price gouging was happening!! This is the first time this has happened to me, and I completely understand that I was late. I take responsibility for that, but the fact that American Airlines was less than helpful and tried to get more money from me after the incident in a time of need, let’s me know that there are some real terrible companies out there. And, American Airlines is one!! Hopefully, this doesn’t happen to anyone else. But, I wanted to share how awful my experience with American Airlines was @AmericanAirlines

1  Thank jennifertwilla
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

I had to fly for 2 family bereavements and when investigating prices I found one for less than $1k but after 1 day it dissapeared and was replaced from the same airport with a $1300 price tag. Deciding against using the "cheap flights" sites I called American airlines directly. The advisor on the phone was excellent giving me every option she could find but getting back to under $1k seemed impossible until...she found a flight from Dallas to Manchester UK for $597!..
What is very dissapointing is that this plane would have been part of the round trip flight from Brownsville- so why did it cost another $700 to get from BRO TO DFW?
Driving to Dallas from South Padre is a long way and storing my vehicle for 3 weeks was still less than $700 but why was the cost so high ?
American Airlines did everything at the gates to make my trip as smooth as possible at Dallas, Philadelphia and Manchester (except for 1) and they deserve a pat on the back.
Recommended for customer service but not for their less than reliable pricing strategy. Profit is not everything. Customers are!

Date of travel: November 2018
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Both my husband and I are Gold status members with American Airlines and recently he booked us with basic economy tickets, which we understood meant no changes whatsoever, but who knew it also meant we couldn’t sit together! Totally unnecessary American. So I’ll take your rules and regulations and call BS on that. From now on, I understand that we will have to “pay up” so I can travel with my spouse and sit together. Thumbs down American. Thumbs down.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank 70alexandrab
Reviewed 10 December 2018

A wonderful trip to Dublin for 2 days then off to Donegal. One of the most beautiful places touring around Donegal, Killybegs, Ardara etc. The air was so clean that I never sneezed, had no trouble breathing, quite amazing. The people were so warm and friendly. It was one of my best trips. Stayed at Castle Murray House which was wonderful. Food, rooms, service and the area were terrific. Can't wait to go again.

Date of travel: May 2018