“Not what it used to be”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let's just say flying is no longer what it used to be. In a race to provide perks to their status frequent flier members, which I am, but of a lower status, American Airlines has forgotten why they are still in business. They tier the passengers and really only pay attention to those in group 1 in their priority designation. The bathroom by mid flight was disgusting. Flight attendants were a bit checked out, they did not notice there was water in the floor and that the sinks had been plugged. Not saying it is entirely their fault, but the bathroom reflects the attitude of the airline and the passengers who seem to be only interested in getting out of the plane. Not sure who is flying these days and whether the airline cares about taking any pride in the service they provide. I used to care about securing elite status with American, now I am looking elsewhere.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We used AA for several flights into and around the USA as they are part of the one world group of airlines. We also flew with BA, Cathay Pacific and Qantas and we thought AA were the best in terms of service and flight enjoyment.
I like the self check in desks.
We did have a 3 hour delay in Miami though and the reason given were laughable.
Would use AA again no problem.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cause AA's system error, AA cannot find the booking record. They threat me and ask me whether I still want to take the flight, if I want to take the flight I must go to the airport
with my ID and my credit (which I used to purchase the ticket on their official website)card before check-in, they will refund me and I have to buy a new ticket. They refuse to tell me what happened and why I have to do this. very very bad attitude.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Typical flight to and from. We anticipated the flights would be full so we booked only isle seats for four people. Isle seats make these kinds of trips more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

AA issues seat assignments 24 hours before each leg of the flight. If you don't get your boarding pass/seat assignment early on in the 24-hr time window, you could be separated from your spouse, which happened to me and my wife. We had to pay an extra $40.00 each to sit next to each other. We ante-up because I got sick on the flight and needed my wife to attend to me.