“Typical airline - nothing special”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From my perspective any flight that gets you to your destination safely is a good one. That said, I've certainly had trips that are more or less comfortable than others depending on the airline, aircraft, class of service, etc. American is, like most other airlines, looking for ways to maximize revenue, so seating is tight, luggage storage is often challenging and there are extra fees for just about anything you can imagine.

However, it's a safe airline with lots of routing options and I've never had any reason to discontinue travel with them due to issues or safety concerns.

Date of travel: October 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The leg from OKC to Chicago was uneventful and pleasant enough. The disappointment came in Chicago where I was transferring. I just didn't care for the attitude/mannerisms of the gate agent. Yes, he needed to persuade passengers to gate check luggage to ensure an on time departure. His approach was all wrong and I felt harried. Having been assigned to group 7, of course, I was required to gate check. He asked me to bring my bag around to the side of the counter and I guess i didn't respond quickly enough and he made a comment to the affect of" are you going to do it" or something like that. I was put off by that. I try to be understanding because gate agents have to manage multiple things in order to make the boarding experience work. Perhaps it wasn't one of his better days. I should mention I was flying thanks to a voucher I received last September so while I wasn't exactly a paying customer, how would he know that? Or perhaps he did.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can only say good things about our trip to Paris on American Business Class. The comfort level was excellent, entertainment options more than enough, and great food and drink. The service was very personal and attentive but not intrusive. It's the only way to fly!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight from NOLA to Miami and Miami to PC, DR was very nice - we got there for 12:45 PM. The way back I would recommend for a long layover in the Miami airport which is a nightmare being so busy. Other than that AA was on time.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great new aircraft with a lot of space and extremely comfortable. Food and service were great until we got to LHR. Out stewardess didn't know that we needed landing cards and immigration fast pass cards.