“Great entertainment, Terible space”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In October we went to Orlando flying by Latam. We know the space at economic class is far from being huge, but at the least, it didn't make us to feel uncomfortable. When it was time to go back, we had an American Airlines flight. The entertainment was great, but the space was horrible. The tv screen don't move as you need to get enough space to watch when the person in front of you lay down the chair. It's a kind of weird, you have to lay down your chair to have a good distance between your eyes and the TV screen. If the person in front of you sleeps at the dinner time, you will feel squinting your eyes. Besides that, the space for your legs is tighter than in Latam Airlines, which it shouldn't be, we thought American Airlines would be better at this question, but we were wrong for sure.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

People for quite a while have been willing to tolerate sub-par products to Hawaii. Lately, competition has increased to the islands, though, and airlines are stepping up their game. I flew to Maui from Dallas on an American Airlines 777-200 - an internationally configured one - not a cheap imitation one like United flies. This 777-200 featured a lie-flat business class cabin, which I didn't get upgraded to, sadly. Still, I was offered a seat in the Premium Economy section (think domestic First Class) thanks to my status with American.

I checked in for the flight via the American Airlines app. I connected from another American flight, and spent the layover in the American Express Centurion lounge where I napped and had a nice massage, and then the American Airlines Admirals Club in Terminal A, where my flight was departing from. The flight was delayed almost an hour due to maintenance, but gate agents did a good job keeping us informed. The proximity of the gate to the Admirals Club meant I could relax and have a drink while I waited out the creeping delay. While in the Admirals Club, I was paged to the desk, where I was thankfully offered a seat in the Premium Economy cabin.

Once onboard, I was greeted with a nice pillow and blanket awaiting me at my seat. The seat had its own armrests (not shared with your seat mate), a table in between seats for drinks, and personal televisions, air nozzles, and handsets for the televisions.

Service on this flight in the Premium Economy section is the same as in the back, but the alcoholic drinks are at least free. Meal service was offered after takeoff, and consisted of a complimentary box of either a veggie or chicken wrap. I went with the chicken wrap, which was fresh and tasty, and served with a bag of Hawaiian potato chips, and chocolate berry clusters for dessert. About mid-way through the flight, a second drink service is offered and a complimentary fruit and cheese tray is passed out, which comes with a peppermint chocolate square and 2 packages of cream crackers.

Overall, I was happy with the flight, and the nice seat and cool cabin for most of the flight allowed me to get some rest.

The 777 was certainly a nice way to start my Hawaiian vacation.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Arrived to Charlotte 30mins behind schedule, had to run to catch connecting flight to Orlando and my luggage never made it. I was told by a baggage customer service representative it would arrive on the next plane from Charlotte around 4:55pm and they will have it delivered to my hotel by 10pm (it’s 15mins away) It’s now 1:29am and I’m still waiting. Called customer service again and my bag did arrive at 4:55pm but didn’t get pick up for delivery til 10pm. Customer service has no answers or apologies!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had a horrible experience flying back from Boston Logan International Airport to Miami with American Airlines. The flight that was supposed to leave at 6pm got first delayed to 7.15pm: I literally saw the plane that was supposed to be the one that would have taken us to Miami, be given to the people in the 4.50pm flight from Boston to Miami. After that, we were told we were waiting for a flight from Philadelphia to get to Boston and they would have boarded us there. Well, the plane got to Boston at 7.45pm but we couldn’t board for “weather-related problems” when the reality was that the crew wasn’t there. Well some crew members got to the airport and boarded the 4.50pm flight that was waiting in the parking since 6pm. We were told that another crew was on their way and our flight would have taken off at 10pm. At 10.30pm we were told we wouldn’t be able to go to Miami and our flight was cancelled. No refund, no hotel provided because it was “weather related” when really it was because American Airlines couldn’t get the crew to the airport. At that point it wasn’t even raining in Boston. If this wasn’t enough, the personnel at the desk was incredibly rude. They lied to us multiple times regarding the status of the flight, they told us the problem was the weather when all the other flights were taking off from Boston, just not to provide us with reimbursement. When I asked them to be board on a flight for Miami ASAP since my per was at home alone they told me “well, pray this flight is leaving because we don’t have any tool for tomorrow”. And when I told them I would have complained they yelled at me. I will never fly American Airlines again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After leaving Pittsburgh 20 minutes late, I missed my connecting flight in Dallas to Vancouver by one minute after the door was closed. The flight attendant on duty rudely would not allow the door to be opened, even though the plane sat on the tarmac for 20 minutes. The customer service agents at the desks were all incredibly rude, and told me that this was “not their problem” and would not help to accommodate me. To make matters worse, the hotel next to the airport was full, so they put me in sketchy motel 20 minutes from the airport, and said that I had to arrange my own transportation and fend for myself to get back to the airport on time. One kind soul, The only person working American Airlines in Dallas with any sort of heart or compassion, gave me a $10 meal voucher. Never recommending American Airlines to anyone ever, and if I was allowed to rate them negatively on the scale, then I would have. Never leaving Southwest ever again.