“The airline was very nice. The flights were on time.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Checking in was not a hassle. Assistant was very nice and helpful. Airline was clean. Airline assistant's was nice. Flights were on time. No problems to report.

Date of travel: April 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

So incredibly frustrating!! Second time in a month that a delay out of Chicago made me late into DFW when I had a connecting flight to Waco...and it was also the second time when I skidded up to the gate to see my plane still at the end of the jetway, only to be told "the door is closed" you can't board.

THIS time there were 3 of us on the same series of flights, and we were at our departure gate 8 minutes AHEAD of scheduled departure, but they would not let us board. Next flight--4.5 hours later (at 10:15 pm), and "You'll have to be on the standby list, that flight is booked." The earliest we could be confirmed on a flight? The next morning at 9 am, 16 HOURS later--and we were standing at our gate 8 minutes BEFORE departure time, connecting from another American Airlines flight.

What did the gate agent do to help the three of us? Not. One. Thing. He did not offer us a meal certificate for something to eat in the airport, he did not try to arrange hotel accommodations, he just kept telling us that it was "policy" to close the doors 10 minutes ahead of departure.

Terrible, terrible customer service! (Please note: I understand delays happen, but the lack of service or assistance is the issue here.)

Date of travel: September 2018
1  Thank ADM_TX
Reviewed 15 October 2018

I take American for all my flights. They rarely have issues or delays, and always have been up to date if a delay occurs. I fly for business and leisure. This last trip was for Leisure and was very good. The personal headset for the movie didn't work that great and not at all for a few of the other passengers, but other than that. No problems.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Very rude customer service whilst checking in at Orlando International Airport for American Airlines flight. The staff don't appear to be trained and make customers feel like they're an inconvenience to the airline.

Staff had no patience for us and did not want to assist when we were having problems getting tickets for our connecting flight. Once listened to by the assistants we were sent to the check in desk for further assistance where we were at first told we would need to collect luggage at JFK and check in again for our connecting flight.

Having tried to explain what the first assistant had told us 'that there was an issue with the system' the lady behind the desk was very impatient and rude. She finally looked in to the issue where she realised there was a problem with the system. No apologies were given.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

For the second time in less than 6 months I experienced a major delay due to mechanical issues on AA. In June 2018 my flight from Cleveland to DFW was delayed 6+ hours. In October 2018 my flight from Brownsville to DFW (a one hour and ten minute flight) was initially delayed 5 hours for mechanical issues. Follwed by an additional delay of 5+ hours due to weather. Although I recognize that a weather delay is not the fault of AA, I have a huge issue with the fact that my flight was eventually cancelled due to weather as, per the agent at the gate, the decision to cancel the flight was based on the small amount of passengers that would be impacted. Apparently AA does not value every customer. They only value large quantites of customers. As it was explained to me this month by AA, a flight is not as likely to be cancelled when 100+ passengers will be impacted. In getting back to the original point of mechanical issues, I can confidently say that AA is by far the worst. Even taking into account the higher margin for error, due to their overwhelming monopoly in the industry, their reliability is beyond unacceptable. Considering how heavily our government regulates almost every business practice, it seems to me commercial airlines should be held accountable for their inability to deliver the product/service we pay for. If AA was held accountable for their constant errors, I am sure they would find a way to rectify the problems we are all left to deal with. Instead, AA knows that many of us, such as those in the DFW area, do not have a reasonable alternative for most of our detinations. We are forced to put up with their crap.