“Good overall experience in American coach class”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 787 is a definite improvement over earlier models: quieter interior, much better and flexible entertainment experience, power outlets in all seats including coach. The previous somewhat claustrophobic experience of a daylight flight with all the window shades down is also gone, thanks to the 787's auto-dimming of the light coming in through the windows.
This is not American's fault, but CDG's security and document review process is long and disorganized, especially when accessing American's gates, which are in Terminal 2A. Allow a full 3 hours from time of arrival at CDW, especially since there is currently no drop off of passengers at 2A because it looks like some remodeling is being done, so you get dropped off at the adjoining attached terminal 2C and walk across (NB we took LeBus from Etoile to CDW, and it drops you off at terminal 2F. You then have to take a further CDG shuttle to the other gates. The recorded message DOES NOT MENTION terminal 2A, but don't panic-2C is next door. Also, the gate we left from (38) is at the far extreme of 2A in what looks like a temporary concrete flying saucer. There are no toilets in it so allow for having to walk back 5 minutes to the next closer-in gates to use one.
The flight itself was pretty full but the cabin staff were efficient and the food was decent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a flight in June that would get us from Hartford to Daytona Beach at 10:43am on Christmas Day. Got an email September 18 that our flight had "changed." This "change" had us leaving Hartford at 11:50am and getting to Daytona at 5:21pm!
The only phone number I could find for AA was for Reservations. The supervisor told me "flights change all the time." Not by more than 6.5 hours!!??
The only avenue to Customer Service was by email. I wanted an explanation, some reason why this would happen. The condescending response came back that they would WAIVE THE CHANGE FEE. Generous, right? AA ruined our day and trip and couldn't care any less about it. I would NEVER recommend this airline and will warn everyone I can to steer clear!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All flights to and from Denver were on time even with the hurricane on the east coast. I was notified by text and email if they thought there could be a potential problem due to weather. Flight attendants were polite and professional. I don't particularly care for all the added fees for upgraded seats, legroom etc. in addition to the checked bag fee. I never got lower than zone 6 for boarding so I am not sure how early you have to check in or how much more I would have had to pay to board earlier. That being said there was plenty of overhead space even boarding later than others.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I checked in easily the night before via the American Airlines app for this flight. I awaited my flight in the Admirals Club, and then proceeded to the gate, where boarding was delayed a few minutes. Once on the plane, a blanket greeted me at my seat. This was an OLD American Airlines Boeing 737-800, with limited overhead bin space and drop-down television monitors.

Pre-Departure beverage of choice was served! Despite the early hour, my request for a screwdriver was accepted!

Once in the air, my pre-order of the "eggs" was acknowledged. It was actually the egg sandwich, which was pretty disgusting. The biscuit was room temperature. I could have done without the wilted grapes, too. The other fruit was okay. Service was non-existent after the meal service, although I did fall asleep!

Overall, not one of AA's best offerings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 777 with a long bed is comfy even for someone who is 6’2”. The staff was attentive, meals were tasty and the flight was pretty painless.