“American Airlines has dumb, disrespectful policies and I will NEVER give them anymore money”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We accidentally chose a 9pm Sat flight to New Orleans instead of 9am. Had a wedding to go to. Wanted to NOT CANCEL OR REQUEST REFUNDS, but simply purchase additional morning flights to New Orleans and keep our return flight as is - i.e., GIVE AMERICAN MORE MONEY-but was told if we didn't show up for the original 9pm flight our return flight would be canceled. HUH? So we ended up losing the ENTIRE DAY of vaca & missed a wedding-THE REASON WE TRAVELED. I don't understand how hard it is to simply put a note in the system saying we still wanted our return flights and to NOT CANCEL THEM, but noooo, we had to miss the wedding. Everybody has to make things so damn complicated when it doesn't have to be. It wasn't like we were trying to cancel and get refunded-we wanted to buy more flights! I hate American and don't EVER want to fly that expensive, non-customer service friendly airline again.

2  Thank acook949
Write a reviewReviews (75,401)

Reviewed 24 August 2018

American is always dependable, which is a bonus. The attendant on the way down was not in the best mood, but she is really the only one we have had like that. We will still fly AA whenever possible.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Brenna Y
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Paid my money two months in advance. Checked in at airport two hours prior for domestic flight. Unable to check in online prior. So have done everything required by me. At boarding call comes for 5 volunteers to be booked on next flight as there is issues with weight/ safety ratio. One volunteer came forward so last people to check in will be bumped from flight. So that was us. Now waiting 4 hours for next flight. Luggage has gone on original flight..... hopefully it will be there to greet us

4  Thank Judy D
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Slightly late take off, due to weather at JFK, kept informed of the situation though, which is all you can ask for. Flight itself was very smooth, not cramped at sll on the 2+1 configuration with only around 69 seats on board. Check was efficient and quick, self print of bag tags and boarding passes.

Could not fault at all, much better than long haul experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was very wary when booking as I had heard a few bad things about American airlines but our alternative would have been via London and travelling between Heathrow and Gatwick so opted for this.
I was very pleasently surprised. The plane was a fairly new Airbus and was very light with a reasonable amount of leg room (I am 6ft 3 so leg room is usually and issue). The staff were vey helpful (Although 1 constantly chewed gum with her mouth open) and nothing was too much trouble. The meals were very nice (For airline meals)and the entertainment system had load to choose from and some very recent movies. We had 2 kids and my mother who needed wheelchair assistance and the airline were great from the moment we checked in. There were wheelchair assistance right from checking in to landing and then transfering to our connecting flight to orlando. I will definately fly with American again.

Date of travel: July 2018