“Bumped from flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Paid my money two months in advance. Checked in at airport two hours prior for domestic flight. Unable to check in online prior. So have done everything required by me. At boarding call comes for 5 volunteers to be booked on next flight as there is issues with weight/ safety ratio. One volunteer came forward so last people to check in will be bumped from flight. So that was us. Now waiting 4 hours for next flight. Luggage has gone on original flight..... hopefully it will be there to greet us

4  Thank Judy D

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Slightly late take off, due to weather at JFK, kept informed of the situation though, which is all you can ask for. Flight itself was very smooth, not cramped at sll on the 2+1 configuration with only around 69 seats on board. Check was efficient and quick, self print of bag tags and boarding passes.

Could not fault at all, much better than long haul experience.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

I was very wary when booking as I had heard a few bad things about American airlines but our alternative would have been via London and travelling between Heathrow and Gatwick so opted for this.
I was very pleasently surprised. The plane was a fairly new Airbus and was very light with a reasonable amount of leg room (I am 6ft 3 so leg room is usually and issue). The staff were vey helpful (Although 1 constantly chewed gum with her mouth open) and nothing was too much trouble. The meals were very nice (For airline meals)and the entertainment system had load to choose from and some very recent movies. We had 2 kids and my mother who needed wheelchair assistance and the airline were great from the moment we checked in. There were wheelchair assistance right from checking in to landing and then transfering to our connecting flight to orlando. I will definately fly with American again.

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018

I love AA for their prices and the great customer service. they always keep you up to date w/ flights & delays if any.

• Customer service
Reviewed 24 August 2018

One of the worst experiences in terms of customer service form any of the airlines flown. Flight was delayed by 22 hours first it was said due to weather and later on to operational issues no available flight crew to operate the plane. The Customer service Agents, Gate agent and Check in personal have no clues too what there do. As a frequent traveler I understand things can happen due to circumstances out of the airlines control but in this case the airline operated later flight during the day to the same destinations so there would been options to bring in Flight crews to operate out flight. but no delayed by 22 hours. When asked to speak to the AA manager on Duty i had to wait 45 minutes to be informed he is not available. We ended up having to pay for our own hotels, meals, transportation which cost close to $ 500 in extra charges for our group of 4 and American Airlines Declines any responsibility. Just amazing. I know there are many choices of Airlines to fly and AA is going to be on the bottom of my list.

• Customer service