“Why are there no personal televisions?”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I flew from STL to Phoenix, then from Phoenix to Maui. On my flight from STL to Phoenix, each seat had it’s own personal television. You could choose whatever movie you wanted to watch during your flight. The screen also included inflight menu options. This flight was only three hours. Leg room was limited. On the flight from Phoenix to Maui, leg room was better, but there was only a television at front focal points in the plane (you plugged your headphones into the armrest). There was an option for you to access inflight WiFi to access othe movies via iPad or smart phone. I feel that the personal televisions and electronic menu should be offerered for the 6 hour flight vs. not the 3 hour flight. Staff was friendly and I liked that American Airlines checked my carry on bag for free to and from Maui to allow for more overhead space. I did not like that seats seemed small and that every flight I took too and from Maui was over booked. It seemed like American Airlines was always looking for volunteers to take a later flight with incentives. I think it is rude to overbook flights to ensure a profit. Clearly customer service is not An American Airlines priority.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Maybe I'm spoiled with all my international flight experience, because I'm always disappointed when flying AA. It's like a public bus line in every aspect.

Date of travel: September 2017
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Henrique G
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Was flying from Nashville to Toronto. My flight was cancelled through DC. The AA staff did virtually nothing to assist in my rebooking, other than tell me it would be best if I just came back tomorrow. They ended up booking me on Delta, however, didn't confirm. Then they lost my bag before I even left the airport..an hour later my bag was found and I was booked on United. I had to pay to check my bags, and for my seat assignment on United, even though I have status of American which allows both of those fees waived. 15 hours later I arrived in Toronto. American Airlines was a complete disappointment.

1  Thank JohnG36
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Our flight attendant Tucker made this fight great! He was attentive to all passengers in first class. He was so nice and professional that I was amazed to find out he had only been doing this for a couple of months. He was a seasoned professional and American Airlines you have a real asset to the company in him!

1  Thank Pauline199001
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Departing from O'Hare airport, AA got to Guatemala City with only 8 meals on an airplane holding almost 200 passengers. They cannot or won't take meals from Guatemala City. The leader of my team bought all 8 meals and we split them among 17 people. None of the other passengers had a chance to buy a meal. How can the largest airline in the world not provide meals for 200 passengers on a 4.5 hour flight! Extremely disappointing!

• Seat comfort