“Dysfunctional Seats...Bloody Marys...Firm and Fast Flight Friendships...Free To Move About The Country”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

On June 4th, Patti (my sister) and I flew out of DFW headed to Seattle Tacoma for an overnight stay at the Belltown Inn in Seattle prior to boarding Carnival Legend on June 5th sailing to Alaska and Canada! Before leaving Dallas, I noticed that one of the three big burly buff bruisers (seated in the “special seats where Ninja Warriors usually sit so that they can chunk fellow passengers out of the plane during —God forbid—crash landings) had a seat that refused to go into AND REMAIN in the upright position,,,so I pointed out this minor concern to the cutest,.,most adorable flight attendant who immediately went into Inspector Gadget beast mode to remedy the situation so as not to further delay our already weather-related lengthy delay. The infamous “no can do” look fleetingly flitted across said adorable face; however, in the age-old spirit of “making lemonade from lemons” (Plan B) gambit, Anna rose to the challenge and quickly moved my sister and I from our seats behind the Ninja Warriors so they could sit there safely just for take offs and landings! Suffice it to say...Anna was quite gracious toward us for willingly moving and showed her appreciation by plying me and my sister with complimentary beverages!!! While Patti nursed her Diet Coke, I and the man seated next to me enjoyed complimentary Bloody Marys!!! I received the “royal AA+ treatment!!! Anna is an ambassador for American Airlines!!! We had our picture taken together..exchanged contact digits..and formed a friendship!!! Anna is an asset to AA!!!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Flight was on time. We used our American Airlines credit card so we could check our bags in. We were in group 5 should they should have let us board before everyone else in the main cabin but they didn’t. My husbands monitor didn’t work even though they tried to reset it several times. We paid extra for extra room and would do that again. Check in was easy. Baggage claim was easy. Our flight attendants were nice and reported the monitor problem so we could get some miles to redeem later which was nice,

Reviewed 5 July 2018

My grandson and I flew from Denver to Miami on Saturday April 28. Boarding was about the same as all other airlines where passengers board in groups based on a number on the boarding pass. No faster or slower than any other airline. Plane took off on time and landed in Miami about 15 minutes early. Interior of plane was well maintained and had leather seats with decent cushioning. TV screens positioned about every 5 or 6 rows rotate down for the pre-flight info and for in-flight movies. A small snack and a beverage in a plastic cup were provided mid-flight. Some American flights have offered complimentary ear buds, but they were not offered on this flight. Upon arriving at Miami, our luggage arrived the carousel within 6 or 7 minutes. Overall, a good flight.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 5 July 2018

This is a long trip. On the trip from JFK, we had no choice but selecting two aisle seats across from each other (my wife and I). The seat width and leg room are very limited which made the trip uncomfortable. The trip was overnight and we tried to get some sleep but the aisle was so narrow that anyone walking by would wake us up or even remove the blankets. We got two meals (decent). In our case, we requested vegetarian and they were ok. The flight attendants were polite and helpful. On the return, we could pick a window and middle seat. I sat on the middle seat. The person in the aisle seat had an above average size and I felt confined. Eating was a challenge and I ended up spilling oil on myself. The meals were mediocre, at best this time. The boarding process was relatively smooth and uneventful as was the deboarding and baggage claim. I feel the airline has compressed the seats a lot and for such a long flight it was not a positive experience. The in-flight entertainment was very good. There were many movies, tv shows and music to choose. Next time I will explore a different airline.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

American Airlines has great customer service! I traveled from Phoenix to Boston on American Airlines and had been suffering from a compressed nerve in my foot. I wondered how I was going to be able to sit that long. I had a Cortizone shot in my foot the day before I left and just hoped and prayed that I would be OK. I brought a disposable container that I got from the hospital and asked one of the flight attendants if he could fill it with ice. He was so kind and considerate and immediately took it and filled it up. I was comfortable the whole way to Boston. He even emptied it out for me before we were about to land. I wish I knew his name now so I could give him credit for being a great flight attendant for American Airlines! Thank you!!

1  Thank cindyt_93