“Toronto to Washington to Roanoke”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 19 January 2018

left Toronto onboard united Airlines to first land in Washington D.C., well then actually running to get to our gate, and the shuttle dropping us at a further away distance to our connecting gate. We just had 45 minutes from the plane landing, getting off, finding where to board the shuttle to take us to the gate getting off shuttle and running again to find our gate, which was not easy to find! And actually arriving with just enough time for a quick bathroom break.....that was a little Crazy!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

The airline was fine but we were traveling with our adult son and he and his wife were bringing home chocolate bars from Mexico for gifts. They were in our sons carry-on and this bag set off alarms going through security in Charlotte where we entered the country and had to be rescreened. He had a total body search while 3 TSA employees went over the chocolate bars even opening several. We had a tight connection. My husband went to the gate to tell them we were delayed but coming. They waited 5 minutes and then closed the door minutes before we got there and we missed the flight. American Airline was not to blame of course and rerouted us via Chicago and on to Cedar Rapids just 4 hours late. They were very helpful. After some research we think the aluminum foil around these chocolate bars set the alarm off causing all our trouble. American candy makers have changed what they use in candy bars because of this so BEWARE and do not bring Mexican chocolate bars back with you - especially in a large amount. My son had nine in that carry-0n.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I haven't flown for awhile and had never flown with American Airlines before. I was pleasantly surprised! We had a very friendly Stewardess from Appleton to Chicago, here name was Kim. Again great Stewards from Chicago to San Antonio. Very pleasant and helpful. Great experience back to Chicago as well. The only time I thought we didn't have great service was from Chicago to Appleton. The Stewardess handed us pretzels as we were boarding with all our luggage in our hands, and then just walked up the aisle with a bottle of Dasani water and cups to see if anyone wanted water. No other beverage was offered. Was pretty funny - I think she was just lazy though. We did use mobile boarding pass which worked from San Antonio to Chicago but needed to have them printed in Chicago due to a problem with Americans website. I liked being able to see our flight status online and updates to my phone. I would definitely fly with them again. Very satisfied.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Flight was delayed for close to 3 hours with no explanation until we were finally in the air. Apparently a pilot was confused and did not show up to work so another one was called in last minute. Several people gave up and left thinking the flight was cancelled because of the lack of explanation. I also am a small person and could not move once the seat in front of me was reclined. Fortunately, the seat next to me was empty so I could turn sideways. I traveled on funds from a voucher I received in July for giving up a seat, used only half and was told I was mailed the remaining funds a month ago which I never received. No one seems to know where that now is, I am pretty much out of luck for the $260 remainder :-(

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Both flights, to and from, Kona Hawaii were good. On time, easy transfer in LA. Good helpers getting you to the LAX terminal transfer was beautiful.

Why this doesn't get a 4 is because not only mine, but many, headphone jacks were faulty on both flights. Going to Hawaii was at dinner time and they didn't serve a free meal. I usually fly Delta and on Delta we ( as of last May ) don't charge for the first checked bag, American does

Flight attendants were awesome.