“Complete ignorance”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was 3 hours late to leave from Atlanta due to some maintenance issue. We arrived 3 hours late and we missed all the international flights afterwards. We arrived to Chicago close to midnight and there was no one to help out, the pilots/flight attendants seemed amused that we missed our connecting flight due to their flight being late. They gave number to call which was a pain, a lot of being on hold and they hand up twice on me. The flight they offered to re-book would leave Chicago 2 days later. Since we were going to wedding and that was our hard earned vacation we couldn't afford that. In the end, we got different flight by British Airways. Beware when flying AA!

1  Thank Ruta S

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have already reviewed my flight but forgot one point, see in advice to passengers below. I have to remember that everyone involved in a flight, passengers, crew and airport staff are under a certain amount of pressure so it is easy for small things to annoy. With AA i have only had one instance where a member of cabin crew was less than friendly and that was because of a misunderstanding on their part, otherwise staff have been good and flights satisfactory. Having staff meeting passengers in the queue is useful in helping to sort problems.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a delay due to lightning strike - we then had a further delay for 8 hours due to no show of a co pilot - we were getting a connecting flight into london and had pre booked seats for this leg of the trip - AA gave us $7 each at the airport for our 8 hour delay - which meant i could get a bottle of water and my hubby a bottle of coke- we were not issued with out pre booked seats on the other connecting flight - absolute joke - its not the worse airline i have flown with - but it is not the best - sort out your customer service - horrendous

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've flown this service before, it wasn't great. But this time there was a definite improvement.

Upon arriving at the First Class check-in desk in the main terminal I was re-directed to their exclusive Flagship First Check In Area (which you can actually be dropped off at curbside, just look for the velvet rope). This area was actually open the first time I flew this class - I just wasn't directed to it by the check-in agent.

The Flagship First Check In was everything! You step through the literal velvet rope through to a whole new world of airports where the chaos is removed ... along with any hand luggage that you may be carrying (which is quickly handled by a Porter, bedecked in an outfit that wouldn't be out of place in a hight end luxury hotel).

Check in was super easy and swift (I was the only person checking in at that time); and clearing security was even swifter. I do not have TSA Pre-Check, but that did not matter, as the Porter literally walked me (and my hand baggage) through LAX straight to the front of the line of at security. Now this, although super efficient, was slightly embarrassing; as it being LA and the land of the celebrity, meant that I had the eyes of hundreds of people on me, wandering who this person was being escorted through the airport by what looked like a butler.

The lounge was just an ok experience (but I've been to the Virgin Clubhouse and JAL's Flagship in Tokyo, so most lounges seem meh in comparison to that). There were 2 gentlemen in the lounge who clearly worked for Soho House who may want to be a little more discreet. If you want insights on Soho House's rollout and licensing plan hit me up (I heard most of it)!

Now let's talk about the service on-board. Firstly my seat was clean. This wasn't the case the first time I flew this service (empty water bottles left in the arm rest, as well as a macadamia nut left on the seat). Secondly the staff were very attentive. Again this wasn't the case the first time I flew this service - I got directed to my seat and had to pretty much fend for myself for the duration of the flight. This time around the stewardesses helped me with my baggage, plied me with champagne for the duration of the flight (so much so that I had to tell them to stop), and provided a service experience worthy of a high end hotel.

I can't offer comment on the entertainment as I actually read for the duration of the flight. The amenity kit came in a Cole Haan pouch, featuring independent brand (Bigelow moisturiser, lip balm and mouthwash) with airline standard pens, socks and eye mask.

There are only 10 first class seats in the cabin seats, and each seat is spacious and lies fully flat. I would definitely recommend this service for a special occasion, of if you just want a totally stress free calm travel experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

american airline is one of the most efficient and afforedable airlines todayA: service is great, extra things are wonderful, and the attendants are very hospitasble.