“No inflight entertainment service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Just be aware that when purchasing a ticket that on a recent flight to USA no inflight entertainment was available, they have noted back after complaint that some of their aircraft do not have such a facility - so if we had known that prior to travel we would have reviewed using such a flight
So a very long flight even though they had it on their web site have such a inflight entertainment

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I left from Ontario, CA on Thursday, August 3rd. I had a connecting flight in Phoenix with a final destination in Charlotte. We arrived on time to Phoenix. I went directly to the gate as I always do, boarding pass in hand, already checked in (because it was a connecting flight). The plane was delayed because of maintenance. No problem. It happens. I spoke with the gate attendant when it was delayed and asked her if she had an ETD. She said that she wasn't sure yet and to check back every 15 minutes to get an update. I checked back with the gate attendant (the same one each time) as advised 3 times within a 40 minute span. We spoke enough times that she knew my last name. The last time I spoke to her was at 3:55. Still no update. I returned at 4:10 and to my surprise the gate was completely empty of passengers. No gate attendants in site. Ghost town. So, I went to the customer service counter and asked for an update on the flight. They said it hadn't been updated yet and to return to the gate that there would definitely be a gate attendant that would have more updated information than the computer. At this point it's now 4:18. I went back to the gate. Because, what he said was what I had experienced throughout my life with gate changes and flight deviations. There's ALWAYS a gate attendant there to relay information on changes. I ran back to the gate still to find no one was there. I then proceeded to go back to customer service (about 4:30) and spoke to the same customer service agent who let me know that the computer had updated and that my gate was A25 and that the gates had closed.
A little background on me so you understand that I'm not a rookie flyer. I have been traveling internationally for business for the past 20 years. I have done business and flown into 38 countries in that time span with more legs and connecting flights than I could even think to count. The majority of my flights over the past two years have flown out of ATL or RDU. I spend on average approximately $50k annually on airfare. I have experienced every hiccup that you could possibly think of in the air and on the ground during travel. I have NEVER had an experience even close to this one. NEVER have I not seen a gate attendant left when a flight gets moved to another gate. I've seen where if they had to they left a note on the board. But, almost all of the time there is a gate attendant to get you to where you need to be. Its also amazing that they actually left a passenger behind on a connecting flight. It's not as if they didn't know I was at the airport. I mean, I flew into it, ON THEIR AIRLINE. The other airlines send out instant messages and/or e-mails with updates of gate changes. They couldn't even update the computers to relay important info to passengers. Even when I called to complain, the computer prompted me to allow them to call me back in a certain time frame. I did and never received a call. Had to call again.
This flight change put me on a red eye back to Charlotte via Salt Lake City. I was supposed to be at a meeting at 7:30 in Raleigh with foreign investors from Japan. I was unable to make it and was forced to have to drive to Philadelphia to meet with them yesterday after a bunch of apologizing and groveling.
I received correspondence from Richard Pine (the only guy in Delta that doesn't have a supervisor I could talk to). He let me know as a good will gesture they reimbursed me for my first class upgrade. As a good gesture??? You left me in a connecting airport, added an additional leg and put me in coach. Gee Thanks for giving me back something that I didn't use. After further correspondence from Dick, he REALLY got generous and gave me a whopping 3,000 miles. American. I WILL NEVER give you another dime. United and Delta fly out of CLT also. I'm sure they will appreciate my business.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I was traveling with my 8 year old great grandson. We booked our flight through Expedia. I wanted to stay with one carrier so I would not have to rush from one terminal to another with a child in tow. On our flight to Bozeman we left Charlotte and flew into O'Hare in Chicago (I had never been this particular route before) We had a very nice flight and found the seating to be very comfortable. We only had carry on luggage and everything fit nicely under the seat in front of us. We Had already had breakfast at the airport but enjoyed our snack. The connection there was only a few gates down from the gate where we landed. We only had about 30 minutes before boarding our next flight to Bozeman. It was a smaller plane with only two seats on each side of the aisle, very comfortable. We landed right on time.
On our return flight we had breakfast at the airport again because they ask you to arrive two hours before your flight. We had no issues with going through security coming or going. I was pre screened so we didn't have to go through the regular longer lines. This time our first flight stopped in Dallas. This time we were in the same terminal but it was at the opposite end. We had plenty of time to get there and stopped for a quick sandwich before our flight. We were still very comfortable in our seats. We did have a small incident with an un co-operative passenger. He didn't want to stop texting and put his phone in airplane mode. The stewardess was very polite in her conversation with the man but he still didn't want to co-operate. She left and a stewart came back and reiterated what the stewardess had said but he told him that if we had to return to the gate he would not be able to take the current flight he was on. Apparently the man did what he had been asked to do because we continued to taxi to the runway and we took off. We did have a little turbulence but the flight was uneventful. I have traveled American several times in years past and have always had a good experience with them.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

One of the better flights I've taken in a while. The line moved quickly, took off and arrived on time, baggage in good condition, and a friendly service crew! Thank you for the experience!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

First time I had been on American and had a really good flight. There is good legroom in business and enough space to be comfortable in. 3 things that were noticeable - the seat display in the handset is almost imssibke to decipher and consequently you spend a lot of time trying to get the seat the way you want it.
The inflight entertainment was very bad, nothing worth watching or listening to.
The flat bed is flat but genuinely uncomfortable as there is no softness to lie on, for someone with spinal problems like myself it was a real problem.
The breakfast was awful, runny eggs, and something I still - 48 hours later - can't work out what it was.
But - for convenience sake this is a great route to fly and certainly getting into the USA through Raleigh is a piece of cake in comparison to other airports in the USA, so would recommend this route highly.
One most important point is the American arrivals lounge in lhr, I had a 3 hour wait for my connection and found this purely by chance - bliss - lovely showers with great towels etc. Then a great brekky in a super lounge served by a great staff, this was wonderful to find.