“Fine flight. Very small airport in Daytona.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

American Airlines provided a very good flight experience from Buffalo to Daytona Beach on both an Airbus to Charlotte and a Canadian Bombardier to Daytona. I am tall, and I had more legroom on both flights compared to other airlines. A word on both airports​. Charlotte is one of the largest airports I have experienced. The walk we had from C gates to E gates was quite long. A shuttle bus would have been nice. Daytona is just the opposite. We arrived at the airport 90 minutes before the departure time, and found a security gate blocking all gates; TSA actually has hours that they close all the gates! With return trip included, there were four flights. One of them was an hour late. Still, better than average overall experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Efficent flight. What we appreciated was the courtesy extended to one of us for allowing for early boarding due to a physical problem. Very much appreciated American's reservation desk for their consideration.

Date of travel: February 2017
Reviewed 12 April 2017

There is too much to write here. In short, nothing really works with this company, my opinion is not limited to a singular flight, but several, both US internal and international. Their service areas at airports are chaotic, their self service kiosks don't work. Their on-board staff are uneducated and lack any understanding of international travel, let alone multiculturalism. Their staff is disinterested at best, but most of the time plain rude. The food is downright awful (at least if you're vegetarian like myself). They make it impossible to complain, at least in your preferred way, and to the extent you want. I would avoid travelling with them at all costs, including changing destinations if it meant I had to consider travelling with them.

2  Thank Sydney-TD
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Food was great treat to help relax for a long trip. The snacks hit the spot, then tried to sleep. The breakfast was good to help get ready for the New day in Rome.

Date of travel: March 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Here's how all this started. Last year I was given a free voucher to travel as American failed me. My husband and I were traveling home from Ms after we buried his grandma. Now this was emergency flights super expensive. We got stuck on Charlotte for two days. First day was due to weather I'll give it to them. Day two pilot did not have enough hours to fly after two hours sitting. We could have been home. Fast forward to this last weekend. Voucher was expiring soon so I booked a trip for my husband to meet me in Vegas. Pilots were late arriving from weather in Texas they told the plane we will hold your flights for your connects. Nope he gets there and they are taking off. He got stuck in Phoenix last night. American needs to really work on their customer experience. This is the first place I will post believe me I am not done. I carry two of their credit cards for points which seem to be a waste. I will avoid them like the plague. Get it together American take some tips from Sun Country. That's my favorite.

1  Thank Jessica R