“Night flight”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After Air France flight from Havana to Paris was cancelled we were rebooked on Alitalia flight to Rome. Flight operated on B777-200. Left almost on time, the seats were much more comfortable than Air France. Flight crew not the friendliest you’ll ever encounter. Inflight meals tasted alright. Entertainment system super old and useless. I had a nice legroom and could stretch my legs during the 10 hour night flight.

1  Thank winylake

Reviewed 1 week ago

It was quite a decent flight (which I took several times so far) yet this time one thing happened which I never before experienced in my life: not all passengers were sitting safely and even some of them were placing luggage in the upper compartments, yet the plane has unhooked itself from a walkway and start moving and rolling on the runway at the Belgrade airport.
Everything was fine before take-off as all procedures finalised and we were all on our places, however this whole situation was a little bit strange but somehow in a positive manner as the staff was quite relaxed and pleasant.
The flight is generally a short one, and a plane quite standard.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

was surprised that the seats were allowed to be this small on an airplane. The poor woman beside me, who could not have been 5 feet tall, had her knees jammed in the seat in front of her. My husband and I were both very uncomfortable and when the man in front of me reclined his seat my knees were really jammed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Last month I left a recension on tripadvisor about the bad wheelchair service suffered at Fiumicino airport of Rome on our way to Sao Paulo Brazil. Having made a complaint to Alitalia and received theirs excuses I thought that on our return, a month later, something would have improved or changed. No way! In Sao Paulo, after checking-in, the wheelchair service has been excellent again. We were promptly taken to security and passport control, thereafter to the lounge room were we could relax and enjoy some food for more that one hour.
The two same attendants came back fifteen minutes before boarding to take us to the gate and into the airplane as first passengers to be embarked … perfect assistance!
Arrived at Fiumicino airport in Rome on time we were taken by bus to the security and passport control area (runway level) and to the usual "waiting delivery room" for wheelchair assisted people. After about 30 minutes of useless waiting I went to the desk asking why they were not taking us to the lounge room as usual considering that there was still quite a bit of time left (more than one hour and half) to enjoy some relaxation and food over there.
The answer was that I did not tell them before, therefore, they were unable to solve the problem now. Incredible answer! I asked again: "Why you do not take us to the lounge by wheelchairs as you were doing once upon a time and as it is usually done in other airports"? No answer!!!
We were left over there for almost two hours and we were again the last ones to be boarded (by bus) into the next airplane full of the other passengers, ten minutes before take off.
Sadly I have to repeat what I wrote in my previous tripadvisor recension: "If you need wheelchair assistance do not travel via Fiumicino airport of Rome"!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Direct flight from Rome to Boston was exactly as expected. The check-in lines in Rome were the longest I have experienced both with airline and with customs. Flight was on time for take-off and early for landing. Seats were as expected for economy...pretty tight. Food ranks only ok but I am not ranking this as a restaurant.