“Seat changed without notice”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Waiting our turn in line, and my printed ticket sounds an alarm when gate agent scans my ticket. Nothing is said while a document is printed and handed to me. The line was long and the plane was full and I thanked the agent. Upon boarding the airplane we found another passenger sitting in “my assigned seat”. That’s when we looked at the additional document the gate agent printed. It was a SEAT CHANGE from the aisle seat to a middle seat. The flight attendants on-board where extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They contacted the gate agent, etc. but I was stuck in a middle seat for 6 hours. I contacted Alaska Airlines when we got home and they said “Sorry, here’s a $25 credit towards your next flight”. We never received an explanation why I was bumped from the aisle seat. Maybe the gate agent was afraid of explaining the seat change document, as she swiftly reached for the next passenger’s ticket, and left the explaining to the harried on-board flight crew.

1  Thank pmeskell2017

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Total of four flights, mixed classes of services. All flights were pleasant with very good Flight Attendants. All on time. Luggage was delivered quickly.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

An almost empty flight to Anchorage made the 6 hour flight so easy and comfortable.
Everyone I countered from the airline was professional and polite.
Plenty of legroom and comfortable seating.
I discovered a new biscuit, Lotus Biscoff, served by the flight attendants. Bought packages in Anchorage to share with my hosting family.
I strongly recommend this flight service?

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I've been a loyal customer of Alaska for over 30 years. Why, I don't know. I guess because I'm a fool. Twice I have used my airline points for trips and both times it was a nightmare.
First time was to Lima. It took 36 hours for what would usually be a 12 hour flight. And because I had to leave at some horrid hour. I was up for two solid days. By the time I recovered, it was time to go home.
Tomorrow I am flying to Lisbon. Again, completely absurd routing. Seattle to Vegas, Vegas to Philly, Philly to Lisbon. Again, two more sleepless nights. They have a direct flight to Philly which has seats which means they would free up flights on their more popular Vegas flight, but no go. After using my points up, I am switching my loyalty to another airlines. I've stayed in this abusive relationship far too long.

1  Thank rubyluna
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Check in was a breeze, sat in seat 8A with the extra leg room.
Experienced pilots because the take off, flight, and landing was so smooth. Second time I have used Alaska and with their quality and customer service, I will use them again and again in the future.