“Great experience!”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Had a great flight to San Diego on my way to take a cruise. On the flight back I was happy to see that we had a celebrity (Dale Chihuly) on board, as well as an off-duty pilot and co-pilot grabbing a ride back to Seattle! Always very nice crews and smooth flights, and very helpful with my luggage!

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I'm 6' and 160,so I no problems fitting into the coach seat. Anyone past 6'4" should consider an exit row.
Free soft drink and a small bag of pretzels. Beer and spirits were $7 or so. Credit cards only.
Both flights were delayed for 30 minutes , whatever reasons and the plane was 100% full both ways.
They offered to check our carry ons for free. No thanks. I found room in the overhead rack.
I have never flown on Southwest,so I cannot compare.
On Alaska,you get to choose your seats when you book.
I choose the window seat.
If you check your bags,you may board the plane almost first because because you have no carry on. They like that. Less to deal with.
The TSA was easy at both airports. I forgot to leave my small pocket knife at home and they took it. I have 4 more.They have also taken small hand tools.Small pliers and an allen wrench.
The Alaska terminal at Mc Carran is at the VERY end of the concourse!
There is a motorized walk way that helps a little. Maybe there are 2..

Alaska Airlines is fine with me! Airfare was reasonable,I always fly non stop.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My outbound flight to San Jose from SLC was great. Well, it was good. It left on time and there was plenty of leg room (I am 6'1"). The aircraft was a turboprop, but was not as loud as I remember other turboprops being. The flight attendants did a good job on our 2-hour flight. They came through and provided a beverage service together with rather tasteless little pretzels.

Take off and landing were both smooth.

My return flight was another story. I was scheduled to depart San Jose, CA, at a little after 1pm. I arrived at the airport early due to my ride situation but that's OK. I was planning to spend a few hours reading and relaxing until I was scheduled to board around 12:30 pm. Less than an hour after arriving at the airport I noticed a change in departure time on the boards in the airport. Our flight had been delayed over 5 hours. The reason? Fog in San Jose. Fog?! I had been out and about since before 8am and there was no fog at all. When I asked a desk service agent they said they thought it was mechanical failure, i.e., they didn't know. My best guess? The early flight to SLC had too few passengers to make it profitable so they bumped it.

I asked if there were any other options available and was told no, but was given two $12 food vouchers for the airport. That at least was something.

We finally departed around 6:30pm, over 5 hours late. The flight out was nearly full, and the flight was fine, but after 10 hours in the terminal I was already quite sore from sitting.

There is also supposed to be a discount voucher for future travel but I have yet to see that.

All in all a mixed travel experience.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write this as I been flying on Alaska Airlines two or three times a month for several years now. Never lost a bag, never late, always happy and patient flight attendants and gate customer service agents. The food is pretty good and the luggage is always there before I even get to baggage claim! I have at least 100,000 miles on this airline and trust me I have tried others before sticking to Alaska. There is nothing better out there and the service is second to none.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

Decent service by a polite older cabin crew.
Paid for First class, not an upgrade.
Late flight from Fairbanks to Philadelphia with a layover in Seattle
First class did gain admittance to Alaska club in Seattle which many US carriers do not practice so a plus
First Class cabin on both flights were 737 and not elaborate equipment or tech in First class cabin
Older flight attendants 50-70 were on he ball
My wife and I were not drinking but another couple was and ran out of champagne as only one bottle
Breakfast was horrible but no fault of crew
Both plane handed out a pre-loaded tablet with movies, tv shows etc which was not bad
Most important flights were timely and seemed safe