“No Plane”
Review of Air Mauritius

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Be warned that the last scheduled flight of the day in the off season, often departing at 17:25 , can be cancelled. There is no way to fly to Rodrigues until the next day, assuming there are spare seats. This impromptu cancellation by air Mauritius has happened to me twice leaving me having to find overnight accomodation each time. When I complain to Air Mauritius they give an honest explanation that the flight is cancelled for ‘commercial’ reasons - i.e. they have a lot of unsold seats. If your only flight option is the last flight of the day be aware you may need a contingency plan!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

The seats in Economy class are the smallest I have ever encountered in any airline. Yes it is only a 4 hour flight but it was extremely uncomfortable. I am tall so I tried to get some relief by sitting in the hostess's "jump seat" for 10 minutes 2 hours into the flight, after I saw that another man (obviously a Mauritian local) had done the same (he sat there for about half an hour). The flight steward approached me and asked very rudely "Do you know where your seat is?". I said "Yes" and before I could explain he told me to "Get back to your seat!" and pointed with his finger. Air Mauritius has a near-monopoly on this route (South Africa/Mauritius) which probably explains why they jam-pack their clients into those seats. Even a normal-sized person would battle to squeeze into them.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Aging aircraft with in flight entertainment system that goes haywire completely randomly. Screens go black or different movies altogether start playing over the ones you are watching. The crew were nice and food was alright but the legroom and seating was uncomfortable to say the least. SSR airport at Mauritius, although New is poorly designed and lines at immigration and check in are horrific. Beware if you have a short connection time as the immigration process is long. Get out of your aircraft first or brace for 90 minute queue in busy times. To be fair, I understand Air Mauritius are modernising their fleet, but I would avoid them until this is complete. Moreover, I would avoid Mauritius as a place for connections altogether, there are simply much better airports with the same or more connecting destinations eg Joburg or Dubai.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had been told how poor Air Mauritius was. However, we had a brand new Airbus A350, plenty of leg room, a wide seat and plenty of legroom. The staff were courteous and friendly. They were very proud of their new aeroplane and it came across to us all. The food was ok and the entertainment system was adequate. Would certainly use this airline again. However, on the return journey we had Air Mauritius' partner airline, Air France, and that flight was horrendous.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Flight and service on the aircraft was fine, however it was absolute chaos at Mauritius airport. Very long queues at check in, if we had not been business class it would have taken forever to check in.

Thank Clive Ian Keeve... F