“An average experience”
Review of Air India

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Good aircraft, Boeing 787 (Dream Liner). Liked the Maharaja motif on the headrests cover. Good leg space. Amenity included only a light blanket and a headset. No pillow, ear plug or eye mask. Catering quality, quantity and taste very average. Rice were half cooked. Cabin crew efficient but no lacked warmth. Overall the service was just average. Had experienced much better service in Air India earlier. Check in was very efficient and took just 2 minutes. However, boarding was poor. Boarding commenced late and then passengers were made to wait in the aerobridge for entering the aircraft as the aircraft was yet to be cleared by security staff. Poor co-ordination.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

For a twenty hour flight, my inservice entertainment didn't work. Three times I was told to wait a half hour while they rebooted. I waited. After lunch and dinner had been served, I walked to the back where the attendants were eating and yakking. I complained for a fourth time and was told to find another seat. By that time, people were asleep stretched across every available seat. The attendants offered no help. Both first class and business were empty, but I was not offered a seat. The result was 20 hours with nothing to do except try to sleep upright. I immediately wrote to Air India and as yet, seventeen days later, have received no reply!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was traveling male to Bangalore with AI 266 .it was delayed by 10 hour .one of my friend traveling male to Delhi with AI 264 that was cancelled at the last movement.totally disappointing .air need to be privatized.ground staff give excuse that that bought new planes so there is technical issues if new plane is like this what about older one .Air India improve this is not first time people make fun of your flights experience.bad experience.nit recommend to others

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was travelling from Bengaluru to Bhopal via Delhi Business Class on 02 April 18. Was taking flight IC 501 from Bengaluru to Delhi, then IC 437 Delhi to Bhopal. As I was checking in at Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport, I was informed that though I was booked Business Class from Delhi to Bhopal, the class had been downgraded to Economy as the flight had been made all Economy. I asked about my check in baggage, as it was more than the authorised weight for Economy, about Lounge Facilities at Delhi as the wait was over 4 hours, my through Check In as I wanted to travel unencumbered and the refund of fare.
I was told that the baggage would be adjusted at Delhi and lounge facilities would be accorded to me. However I will have to collect my check in baggage at Delhi, go out of the airport again re-enter from the Departures side and re-check in as the two classes were different and through check in was not permitted. Regarding the refund, I was told it would be done automatically by Air India online.
Well I had to bear the discomfort of exiting the Delhi airport, re-entering Departures,, rechecking in my baggage. The excess baggage was not charged, also I was provided Lounge facilities. However at the Check In Counter, the individual gave me a centre seat and made my boarding pass as such. It was noticed by his supervisor, who asked him why he was doing that on a Business Class Ticket and then he made the change and an aisle seat was provided.
Well I am still waiting for the refund.
Poor show Air India, at least the passengers could be informed in advance in such conditions.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were travelling from Mumbai to Chc via Delhi and Sydney.
Due to their own flight delay on the first leg from Mumbai to Delhi, we were told that the connecting flight to Sydney which was also an Air India had left and we would have to leave the next day.
Then they put us up really in a really dingy hotel with a very questionable taxi( I am sure it was used for purposes which I can’t even name).
What I am surprised is when I asked the staff at the airport, I doubt they even called any other hotel in front of us and lied to our faces saying it was full. When we called the hotel later, they said it had rooms available. On top of it, when my husband had called her earlier, she hung up the phone right on his face.
They have put up people of foreign nationals in decent and good 4 star hotels and treat Indians like they are third grade citizens.

Air India you represent our country across the globe. Surprised you’d treat us this badly.

1  Thank Padmini A