“Best service so far.”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 19 August 2020

It was my first time flying with airfrance I enjoyed this travel a lot so let's start from the beginning.
1) Seat was very confortable plus they really tried to maintain social distance on board.
2)Their meal was really tasty as well as wine and champain.
3)Crew member were very helpful polite and also had humour. FROM MY SIDE 5 from 5, thank you guys.

Date of travel: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (32,262)

Reviewed 19 August 2020

I've flown Air France before but will need to rethink this in the future. My elderly mother who suffers from travel sickness and anxiety related to that had to on top of that undergo even more duress due to Air France at the last minute sending a terse email that US green card holders cannot be boarded as they do not have permission to do so. This after my mom was already enroute from her city to Mumbai. Additionally we'd spent big bucks booking her on business class and I had spoken to AF agents multiple times between the booking and her travel date confirming required documentation etc and each time was reassured that all was in order. We were left scrambling and finding another airline and again spending money on a business class ticket and meanwhile AF is making us wait to refund the money we spent on them even though they messed up in not informing us upfront. Shame on you AF for showing very little compassion and care in handling this and only taking care of your bottom line of trying to make money off customers.

2  Thank SamirG335
Reviewed 17 August 2020

Other than horrible seating for anyone with slightest back problems or other problems which I might not be familiar with, the food is definitely not for most people’s taste. I’m not even going to elaborate on customer service. My luggage didn’t make it to the flight. Why? Answer: “you only had 1 hr and 15 mins before flights. “ HA HA this was my first time flying with AirFrance. I have another trip planned, which I hope to cancel. My delayed luggage was supposed to arrive 2 days later than my initial flight. (15th of August) it’s now 17th of August and no trace of baggage. I called and emailed several times. This morning I’ve been told there’s a car dropping off my suitcase at 1-2 pm. No action has been taken. They’ve stopped answering my calls and emails. It’s the time of a global pandemic and us, travelers, have to quarantine. I was left in a cold room. You guessed it, not a hotel; not any other place I’m familiar with. I have nothing. I don’t have my medicine, warm clothes, a blanket, the necessities... I can’t go out to buy stuff anymore. I filed a compensation form, too. They replied, asking for flight details and pictures, which I provided. It is now days later and I still don’t have answers. Phone lines not picking up. Horrible customer service. The worst experience ever and I’m not a stranger to flying different distances.

2  Thank AnaKFlies
Reviewed 17 August 2020

My flight left half empry today several people left stranded.
The reason. Air france had forfot to inform us that we needed to obtain some minor code identification number from the greek authorities 48 hours before the flight.
Airfrance somehow forgot to mentiontjis detail and now many of us are waiting for 3 hours straight in a da gerous, hnhealthy queue to find out whays going to happen with our flight.

3  Thank alexandrosa60
Reviewed 16 August 2020

I am a frequent traveller and I have been Traveling with Many airline companies over the past years, and I have never ever experienced such a bad treatment.
First of all BEWARE of the fact that regardless the fact that you might pay € 1000 for a ticket from Dubai to Lyon, your ticket does not include ANY check in suitcase, which I find absolutely ridiculous. Every airline company which is not a low cost includes a check in baggage when spending such a high amount for a ticket.
Moreover, it is not mentioned priorly therefore you might end up showing up at the airport and being charged 65€ for your extra baggage !

Fair enough, I found the staff absolutely unpleasant throughout the whole trip, the lady at the check in was honestly providing the worst customer service never had, she was aggressive and rude at the point that left me speachless.

The crew on the plane was even worst, didn’t smile once for the whole 7 hours trip, provided cold and strict answers to any questions, they honestly looked like they deeply hate their job and couldn’t care less about the experience provided.
Last but not least , I am vegetarian and I tried to request a specific meal on the website when checking in, but there was not option, for this reason I directly called Air France and requested to add this meal for me and my husband, which has been confirmed by phone .
Once on the plane, the lady arrived with a standard meat based meal and I kindly asked for the vegetarian meal requested priorly. Beside the fact that she couldn’t speak a word of English, which I find hilarious for a cabin crew of an international company, but once she asked her colleague whatever was I asking for, she softly laughed and said they do not provide any vegetarian option but only the standard meal provided to everybody on the plan.

Speachless

Honestly amongst the hundreds flights experienced, with big and small companies , I have never went through such a terrible experience especially after paying a ticket of € 1000.

I highly recommend to chose a different airline and I will definitely avoid AirFrance for the rest of my life.

2  Thank SaraCapriotti
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.