“Never Never book with this airline”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 24 March 2020

With the current crisis it is easy to tell the good airlines from the worst, for instance Singapore give a full refund for travellers that, due to the virus, cannot travel, even on non refundable flights.
Air France DO NOT if you booked through a travel agent, they offer a small credit valid till later in the year!
Avoid them at all costs!

1  Thank terry v
Write a reviewReviews (32,262)

Reviewed 23 March 2020 via mobile

In the most difficult circumstances with COVID, the airline flew me back to Paris in the level of comfort I have come to expect. Customer service staff bent over backwards to get me on the flight last minute. Kudos to all the staff who are trying their hardest in the most difficult of times.

2  Thank EdanBCN
Reviewed 23 March 2020

I flew home unexpectedly on March 15. It was at the point where the Coronavirus had gotten to a critical stage of development in France. The morning of my flight every non essential service or store in France was closed indefinitely. So, all of the shops -except a snack shop and a newsstand were closed. The terminal, 2E was remarkably quiet. I checked in on line but without a printer, I had to go through luggage tag printing and luggage drop off. AF has gone to a drop your luggage yourself system which, at least for the first time, was a bit challenging.
On board, our flight had down sized the equipment from a Airbus 380 to a Boing 777. The flight was only half full. With that, service on the aircraft was excellent. The food was adequate and drinks were generous. WE has good onboard entertainment including wifi (free if you just want to check and send e-mail).
Arriving at JFK we were instructed to remain in our seats - even when the familiar ding comes from the flight deck. We sat for about 10 minutes when we heard a voice on the PA identifying himself as a CDC employee telling us that we would receive a health questionnaire that we must fill out before deplaning. We did and upon deplaning we had our questionnaire read and our temperature taken. From there it was on to immigration, then baggage inspection. Immigration was empty, and with the 20 minute delay in deplaning, our luggage was waiting for us and we just walked through customs rolling our bags. From the door of the aircraft to the exit door of the terminal, it took no more than 10 minutes. It was really an amazing and good experience - considering this was only day 2 of health checks for people coming in from overseas. On the down side, of course this was evidence that the US travel market was shutting down, and that was sad though I knew was needed.

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 22 March 2020

2 legs, one short from Prague to CDG and then long haul flight to Quito on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The day before my departure I got SMS and mail informing me that the flight from CDG is postpone by 2,5 hours from CDG also with info about meal voucher. Transfer at CDG quick. Seated by the window in exit seat row gave me enough legroom but seat too narrow, not really comfortable for 11 hours in the air. We just arrived 50 minutes late behind the original schedule. Cabin crew cordial and helpful. They regularly passed with water and make disinfection of toilets to prevent Corona virus. The lunch tasty with champagne as aperitif with non and alcoholic drinks, coffee/tea and digestive. During the flight snacks and drinks in the gallery. Prior arrival small dinner (pasta salad and savory snack from puff pastry). Good choice of on board entertainment with film selection from around the world, Free ´WIFI for Whatsapp otherwise for purchase.

Reviewed 21 March 2020

It was necessary to cut my vacation in Spain short... and finding a flight out wasn't easy. Eventually, my son in Canada found me a flight: Malaga to Paris; Paris to Detroit; Detroit to Toronto. My flight out of Malaga was cancelled... eventually got on a later flight' Couldn't book the next leg because anyone who had been in Europe couldn't pass through Detroit. The Air France agents in Paris were AMAZING, searching for a flight to Toronto for me. Two of them worked for over an hour and finally got me a seat. I had never flown with Air France and was very impressed with their patience! I flew Premium Economy and enjoyed the extra space and food. The inflight service was excellent!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.