“Nice voyage to Quito”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 22 March 2020

2 legs, one short from Prague to CDG and then long haul flight to Quito on Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. The day before my departure I got SMS and mail informing me that the flight from CDG is postpone by 2,5 hours from CDG also with info about meal voucher. Transfer at CDG quick. Seated by the window in exit seat row gave me enough legroom but seat too narrow, not really comfortable for 11 hours in the air. We just arrived 50 minutes late behind the original schedule. Cabin crew cordial and helpful. They regularly passed with water and make disinfection of toilets to prevent Corona virus. The lunch tasty with champagne as aperitif with non and alcoholic drinks, coffee/tea and digestive. During the flight snacks and drinks in the gallery. Prior arrival small dinner (pasta salad and savory snack from puff pastry). Good choice of on board entertainment with film selection from around the world, Free ´WIFI for Whatsapp otherwise for purchase.

• Legroom
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (32,262)

Reviewed 21 March 2020

It was necessary to cut my vacation in Spain short... and finding a flight out wasn't easy. Eventually, my son in Canada found me a flight: Malaga to Paris; Paris to Detroit; Detroit to Toronto. My flight out of Malaga was cancelled... eventually got on a later flight' Couldn't book the next leg because anyone who had been in Europe couldn't pass through Detroit. The Air France agents in Paris were AMAZING, searching for a flight to Toronto for me. Two of them worked for over an hour and finally got me a seat. I had never flown with Air France and was very impressed with their patience! I flew Premium Economy and enjoyed the extra space and food. The inflight service was excellent!

• Legroom
Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

Manchester flight delayed by over three hours - missed connection to Santiago. Next flight out of Paris cancelled completely because of technical issues. Arrived in Santiago 28hrs late and they lost my bag for 48 hrs. Spent first 24hrs of my holiday shopping for replacement clothing - we were flying South where we needed plenty of warm clothing and where there is little availability in the shops.
Levels of service on board are good but thats a secondary issue if they fail so comprehensively to get you airborne - and none of this had anything to do with coronavirus.
When coronavirus did strike they pulled the return flight completely leaving us to make our own arrangements

2  Thank davidsQ8382UP
Reviewed 20 March 2020

The welcoming staff at the airport didn't treat me well. After I did send my luggage and moved, they stopped me for my hand luggage which was 1.5KG overweight. Bad treatment and communication. Not flexible at all, not logic and they refused to allow me to pay extras for the weight, they said i should throw them away or ship my hand luggage which i had medicine inside it and i couldn't ship it, and since no time to go back to the counter which was far, so would miss my flight.
I almost missed my flight!! It made me very uncomfortable the entire day due to this incident. What a bad reputation!!! I will not take Air France again.

Other airlines are more flexible!

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank fadyboudaher
Reviewed 20 March 2020

We flew back from Cancun with Air France and connected in Paris for London.
The seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced, the service was a disgrace and they seem to be the most disorganised bunch of fools I have ever encountered.
The food was inedible, they even gave my wife a normal meal even though a gluten free had been ordered, luckily one of the members of staff noticed and rectified quickly. After the meal we did not see the staff again until just before landing, coffee cups not collected and no further offer of any refreshments whatsoever throughout the flight.

Paris airport is at best a complete clusterf**k with no one actually knowing what to do. We travelled amid the COVID19 outbreak and the airport was almost empty. Nonetheless it still took 3 attempts and over 2 hours to get us checked in for our transfer.

I will never fly Air France again, and I would certainly advise anyone against using them. We can only hope that in a time of financial crisis when airlines are suggesting they may go bankrupt, Air France do not survive, it will be to the benefit of the industry if they went under.

Terrible service, terrible staff, disorganised and generally a waste of everyone’s time!

3  Thank SlackeyA
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.