“GREAT FLIGHT”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great flight from check in to arriving at my destination. As my wife and I was nearing the end of a 3 week vacation our luggage was overweight, the agent at the ticket counter saw that my wife was travelling in a wheel chair arranged for assistance to the plane and when we arrived in Paris but also moved us from economy to business for the additional charge of the overweight luggage giving her more leg room which was great!!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

seats have narrowed, less cushioning for tushes, indifferent food with fancy names. Boarding process incoherent--why don't they board rear first so everyone not tripping over folks trying to stuff bags overhead, esp. on its. flights where too many carryons. Do not recommend; try Emirates for 1st class economy service.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ground staff was top. Food was really nothing special : really bad risotto, wine was excellent, cabin staff was grumpy: the best is their safety video: first and only airline that got that right.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I flew from IAD to Charles de Gaulle on Sunday, September 17 for business. I had just purchased a new Briggs and Riley international carry-on, but was told by an agent that I would be unable to carry my luggage on board. The only other item that I had was a purse. I expressed my concern and elected to check it. When I arrived at the gate, I noticed that there were many bags that were larger than mine and not checked. In addition, once on board, I noticed that there were 5 overhead bins above my seat that were empty on the flight.

On Thursday, September 21, I called Air France to see if there was an earlier flight on Friday the 22nd. My flight was scheduled at 4 o'clock. After holding for 48 minutes, I elected to call Delta. After 20 minutes, I reached an agent that could not obtain information from their partner Air France. They suggested that I try to place a new reservation to see if there were seats available on a 1 o'clock flight. I tried calling Air France again and after much delay I hung up. I elected to check out of my hotel in Enghien Les Baines and booked a hotel near the airport. Upon arrival at the Sheraton, which is inside the airport at Charles de Gaulle, I waited in line for an hour and 15 minutes. There were only three people in front of me, however when I got to the agent, she said she needed a break and suggested I try another customer service desk. By this time it was 9:20 PM. I elected to go back to my hotel and keep my 4 o'clock flight. Not one Air France person apologized when I politely explained the delay. I usually prefer to fly out of IAD instead of GSP so that I can get a direct flight to CDG, however, I will choose another airline and pay more rather than fly Delta or its partner Air France to CDG.i

1  Thank Finiky
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived in Charles De Gaulle airport on Tuesday 5/9/17 but our luggage did not. We reported it missing to a rather indifferent member of staff there and then. We were given a reference number and phone numbers and sent on our way.
We contacted Air France on many occasions in the first week and checked the website, they located our cases on the Friday 8/9/17 and said they would contact us when they arrived in CDG airport, and they promised to get the bags to us in Paris. We heard nothing all weekend and the website wasnt updated, on Monday am they said that they had not arrived in CDG airport and didnt know where they were. Monday pm they said that the bags had arrived on Friday night at CDG And said that they would deliver them to us. They didnt arrive. We were then traveling to Lyon where delivery was re-arranged. They didnt arrive. So Air France then promised to put the bags on our return flight to the UK. They didnt. We have spent an enormous amount of time waiting for the phone to be answered often 20/30 minutes. They have suggested we can claim up to 100 euros each for necessities and clothing - this does not seem very much for a 15 day holiday.
Air France seem very difficult to contact, our claim number on the web site is now unaccessable, the phone number from UK does not work, they have been helpful whe you do speak to someone, but the promises never come true!

1  Thank VicR27