“Good planes well behind time with ground service”
Review of Air China

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Air China has nice planes and good crew but app and website is a nightmare and we ended up not being able to check in and their check in couldn't link our journey, we had to pick up luggage and check in again one mile away in another terminal with no support in an airport we have never been before and extremely big.

1  Thank 768mahyarm

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The check in process with Air China is terrible. Online check in was not working (seems like it never works). I tried to look at my reservation online but was unable to create an account to see my reservation because I do not have a Chinese phone number.

Tried to call the customer service line right when the office opened and was greeted with a message saying the office was experiencing high call volume and to press 1 every 3 minutes or the call would hang up. Was on the phone for an hour and still was unable to connect with someone. If you don't press 1 quickly enough it hangs up.

We had to go to the check in at the airport even though we didn't have checked bags. Check in line was about an hour and a half due to online check in not working.

When I finally got on the plane, the seats were very cramped and the plane was kept uncomfortably warm. Could not get comfortable during the entire 14 hour flight from Beijing to JFK. Premium economy seems pretty nice and I tried to upgrade one of the legs of my flight, but was told at every counter I went to that they were unable to upgrade my ticket and I needed to go somewhere else to upgrade. I tried to upgrade at the gate and was told they couldn't upgrade it there either. We ended up not able to upgrade even though there were plenty of seats available.

The food was okay, and the in flight entertainment was pretty good. The price of the flight was also much cheaper than others, which is why we purchased these tickets in the first place. However, with the difficulty in checking in and inability to get in touch with customer service, I will be spending the extra money for another airline.

1  Thank nealwiddifield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everything was as usual nornal, good food, exellent pilots. I travelled for the sixth time with Air China and everytime I have to recognize the skill of the pilot that let the fly almost perfect.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Not too shabby!
Food - Rate a 7 out of 10 where your so high in the air and I am a fussy eater! The unlimited drinks were awesome. Wine and beer included which is always a plus.
Seating - Rather small seats, not overly comfy but the movie choice is amazing
Staff - They were lovely and speak excellent English.

Overall I flew for 35 hours there and back and I would definitely fly with AirChina again!

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank Summer H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was OK, but the planes (I had a stopover in PEK) were a bit worn out. No amenity kits for such a long flight, whereas China Southern does provide them on SVO-CAN route. The food is OK. Flight attendants do not like to smile.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)